Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By sneepereg
#161095 i almost cryed when i read this this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Classiccarsrule85
crash123 wrote:no shit i knw that if the guy is smart hopefully he s juss re build the motor idk how much that will cost but who cares then he will hav a even better motor but buying (jdm) motors is fine if you can get a deal other wise for get the hassle

ok how bout you dont talk for a bit do some much needed research and get to know honda a bit better because right now your sounding to me like someone who just likes to hear themselves talk and make people beleive what you beleive almost like some christians do....and the things you write arent very good either it only takes a touch of common sence to see your full of B**lsh*t

So anyhow rebuilding a motor will actually take a hell of alot more time and money than just going off and buying a jdm motor....like previously stated they bear resemblence to the usdm honda motors but some have more power and of coarse if you can even find on in a junkyard youll be lucky if it dosent need a complete rebuild because some ahole raced the piss outa it. and n/a to other its all in the parts and tune so why not do some research before speaking your mind or sell your honda if you have one because obviously you know very little and get yourself some other car that so you dont hurt a honda......

Anyhow sorry for that he pisses me off trying to say something to anotherperson whos looking for real help not some yahoo trying to sound smart lol

sounds sweet the omni for some reason i always wanted one since i guess no one near me has one and they look halfway like the old school gti lol....anyhow after that rant i kinda forgot what you where looking for lol.....

But from your previous posts that i can see ummm yea usdm motors are all rgith the k series is somewhat the best its sorta phasing out the b series swap but there are still some minor problems that need to be sorted with the k series.....i have done a bit of research and i know on the early k series they have weak head internals so i guess you could buy a k and upgrade the head stuff and of coarse rebuild it....besides that there is a bit of work in the whole mounting the motor in your civic that you need to research but if you go to the main page right before you hit the forum list...scroll down and look in the diy section you will find that there is a couple articles that would be nice research for the k swap....
By nickbrungard
#161105 Sorry if i made you cry. Im having trouble finding shops that want to rebuild anything but domestic v8's in my area. The only shop that would do it quoted me 3200.-3500. Im no expert but that sounds rediculous. Im about 75 miles from a jdm importer so getting a low mileage jdm is in my opinion more practicle for me. P.S. whats up with all the angry people on this site? :thumbdown:
By ikon
#161108 :jawdrop:
By nickbrungard
#161111 Thanks classiccarsrule. I thought i remembered seeing that before. still not the best at navigating this site. Think im just going to get this thing back together stock, replacing the parts it needs and wait till i know more about the k series and purchase the parts over time. O. the motovation for the omni came form a coworkers omni glhs. all stock 34000 miles or so. thing is so much fun. nobody ever see's it coming. that and i already had an 88 shelby z daytona to take the parts from.
By Classiccarsrule85
nickbrungard wrote:Sorry if i made you cry. Im having trouble finding shops that want to rebuild anything but domestic v8's in my area. The only shop that would do it quoted me 3200.-3500. Im no expert but that sounds rediculous. Im about 75 miles from a jdm importer so getting a low mileage jdm is in my opinion more practicle for me. P.S. whats up with all the angry people on this site? :thumbdown:

sorry i was just ticked off already then i saw that other kids post and it made no sence i just couldnt let it slide.....

and yea that price sounds horribly rediculous....to be honest spend 200 or so get yourself a craftsman or other cherry pickey get a driveway or better a garage and diy....civics are quite easy to do swaps in now for the k swap the hardest thing i can see is wiring shift linkage and mounts so if you really cant do the mount portion of it id suggest just going ahead and haveing a shop put in that bracket....if you are going the k series way......if your going b series then just buy a cherry picker and pop the old motor out new one in after of coarse you put some new stuff on it etc and yea its pretty much drop the new in plug in the ecu unless its a obd2 then either find a obd1 or get a adapter harness and get that situated. and yea its actually quite a simple swap the b series dohc motors just a bit of wiring but if youve ever wired up speakers then id say you can wire up this lol....(i know its a stretch from speakers to motor but it has a basic set-up you have a positive and negative most of the time and others you will just have one wire that can go straight to the ecu....and with this helpful forum and the others out there doing it yourself will not only save you money but in the longrun allow you to understand the car better....
By nickbrungard
#161113 Motors out now and being put back in stock.. Followed the d16 out through the bottom post on here. Awesome stuff. Im in my element with wiring. Ase and mecp certified. looks like im going to be holding off on swapping in a higher performance motor though till i have the money to do the k swap. Can't justify spending that much and not going to the best. Unless of course the timing belt goes again.
By sneepereg
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:
nickbrungard wrote:Sorry if i made you cry. Im having trouble finding shops that want to rebuild anything but domestic v8's in my area. The only shop that would do it quoted me 3200.-3500. Im no expert but that sounds rediculous. Im about 75 miles from a jdm importer so getting a low mileage jdm is in my opinion more practicle for me. P.S. whats up with all the angry people on this site? :thumbdown:

sorry i was just ticked off already then i saw that other kids post and it made no sence i just couldnt let it slide.....

and yea that price sounds horribly rediculous....to be honest spend 200 or so get yourself a craftsman or other cherry pickey get a driveway or better a garage and diy....civics are quite easy to do swaps in now for the k swap the hardest thing i can see is wiring shift linkage and mounts so if you really cant do the mount portion of it id suggest just going ahead and haveing a shop put in that bracket....if you are going the k series way......if your going b series then just buy a cherry picker and pop the old motor out new one in after of coarse you put some new stuff on it etc and yea its pretty much drop the new in plug in the ecu unless its a obd2 then either find a obd1 or get a adapter harness and get that situated. and yea its actually quite a simple swap the b series dohc motors just a bit of wiring but if youve ever wired up speakers then id say you can wire up this lol....(i know its a stretch from speakers to motor but it has a basic set-up you have a positive and negative most of the time and others you will just have one wire that can go straight to the ecu....and with this helpful forum and the others out there doing it yourself will not only save you money but in the longrun allow you to understand the car better....

great info you saved the day :woot:
By Dippin_EG
#161198 im not angry if it i am considered an "angry" person, I just dont like people like the other guy who join forums just to 'go against the grain' so to speak. :thumb:

and JDM motors FTW :lol:
By sneepereg
Dippin_EG wrote: JDM motors FTW :lol:

x2 :thumb:
By project ej2
JUICE wrote::lol: :lol:

make sure you check out the DIY section from the homepage

^^LOL^^ :headscratch: