Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By KingcoupeO
#158180 ok heres the problem... i cant find the plug to hook into the back of the cigatrett lighter so i can plug in a radar detector... did i miss the wire? i cant even find the fuse for it !!!!?!?!? thanks in advance... oh its 94 dx model
By edcortez9
#158189 It should be there it might be taped up or cut off.. Why don't you just run wires all you need is power and ground
By KingcoupeO
#158190 not very good with electrica, and its def not there..i orginized that harness when i had the dash out ... taping it and making it fit nicely...theres no cut off either.. could i splice into another ground and power?
By edcortez9
#158194 That's the only option you have and its not gonna affect anything just tap into any power and ground or do it in ignition af you like you can do it behing the stereo or ignition harnes under steering wheel just use a fuse in between just in case you don't drop a penny in there or short something out...
By KingcoupeO
#158234 ok any ground andany power will work ..... it may be easiest to go from the stereo... thanks alot.. what amp fuse should i use ?
By Coplies
#158236 If you don't feel comfortable tapping into any ol wire under the dash you can use the accessory plugs built into your fuse box. Now you even have options on when you want your 12volt outlet to be on. Connect the positive wire to number 5 and it will always be on, even if the key it out (I wouldn't put it there...) Number 2 will allow it to only be on when you have your headlights on (IDK why you would do this but thats what would happen) Number 1 will allow it to be on only when the key it in the acc or on positions (the way it should be ) Then put the ground wire to nut or bolt that is not covered with paint or connected to plastic.

Last edited by Coplies on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
By KingcoupeO
#158246 thanks !!!! now how do i connect the wire to that?!!!!!
By edcortez9
#158253 Yeah he is right but the one for the parking lights I used for alarms that what is there for all you need is the connectors for speakers or go to your local hardware store they should have connectors
By KingcoupeO
#158255 roger that to easy.... im guna make it happen this weekend!!! thanks alot guys!!!!