Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By platnuim86
#153848 i have a very rough idel till i rev it to 2500 rpms and when i take off in first it bogs and almost wants die and after that is sputters till vtec kicks in and after but it still feels slower then it should be. i changed the spark plugs , cleaned the iacv and fitv (or what ever you call it :? ) and my vtec solinoid is leaking dont know if that would cause it. any help would be apperciated
By d-mon
#153862 sounds like a vaccum leak.
to test, remove intake, put your hand over the TB while its idling.
if it dies, no vaccum leak. if it continues to struggle then there is a vaccum leak.
and the seal for the vtec solenoid should probably be replaced if its leaking.
By platnuim86
#154016 no vaccum leak engine died when i did that :?
By platnuim86
#154650 now when im at a stop the rpms drop to like 300 :headscratch: for a few mins the it raises up to 1500 then it slowly goes to 300 agian . any help or advise would help
By That One Dude
#154673 Sounds like you either have a bad IACV or a leaking IACV gasket. The FITV gasket could also stand to be replaced if you haven't replaced either of them yet.

But definitely change your VTEC solenoid gasket/screen thing. You're just losing oil there.
By platnuim86
#155460 replaced both and no good. i think im gettin to much fuel :? cuz im runnin rich now my mpg is horrable anyone know how ton fix that
By Ajax1989
#155512 id replace the o2 and map sensor

the map sensor(load sensor)
tell the ecu wat kinda load the engine is under
so u can be at idle and ecu thinks ur climing the hill

and o2 just fine tunes the air/fuel mixture and helps the cat work
but if its lazy it will mess ur a/f mixture and u will lose power

also check ur timming :thumb:
By platnuim86
#155676 replaced my map it helped but still a little off thanks what size wrench do i need to remove my o2 sensor :? so i can buy one
By That One Dude
#155679 O2 sensor wrench is a 22mm crowsfoot/line wrench thing. Go to an auto parts store and ask for the O2 sensor wrench. They'll know what you're talking about.

Takes 5 minutes to remove the old one, and install the new one.
By Ajax1989
That One Dude wrote:O2 sensor wrench is a 22mm crowsfoot/line wrench thing. Go to an auto parts store and ask for the O2 sensor wrench. They'll know what you're talking about.

Takes 5 minutes to remove the old one, and install the new one.

that or a pair of vise grip..lol
By That One Dude
#155762 True...vice grips work. It's cheaper if you already have a pair. Personally, I don't like gumming up bolts, but vice grips are an option.
By platnuim86
#155853 thanks im buy in a 22mm wrench today
By ExCoupe94
#158848 And dont forget the white inner portion in the plug on the o2 can be pulled out via needle nose and each wire can be removed one at a time from the plug with a little pressure towards the crimp on each conducter making it possible to use a standard closed-end wrench but dont mix up the wires! :lol: