Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By d4rk13l4de
#152919 i have been having a problem with my car, when its a normal operating temp. the car isnt blowing any heat out for like 5 or so minutes then it gets hot. then today im coming home and the temp gauge started raising up past the middle line and then went down after a minute or two. any suggestions? as far as i know the coolant levels are ok the only thing i notice is the res. tank is past the full line
By That One Dude
#152921 Replace your thermostat. It's not opening allowing the pressure behind it to be released and so the radiator cap is allowing the built up pressure to spill into the overflow tank.

That's my opinion based on your information. Hope it helps.
By d4rk13l4de
#152930 sweet thats what i was thinking so to be safe i will be replacing, the thermostat, cap 1.3 bar, i was thinking. The upper and lower hoses because they are a little old
By Apexracing
#152977 sounds like a good plan, might i sugest replacing the heater hoses as well, might as well while your there and save on the antifreeze
By That One Dude
#153025 OE cap is 1.1bar. 1.3bar is aftermarket. Wouldn't hurt. Higher pressure = higher boiling point.
By d4rk13l4de
Apexracing wrote:sounds like a good plan, might i sugest replacing the heater hoses as well, might as well while your there and save on the antifreeze

i was thinging about that know what size they are?
By Apexracing
#153290 not sure but a quick search on the honda site or autozone would let you know the diameter at least.
By That One Dude
#153362 If you're going to replace the heater hoses, you need to go to the dealer. My AutoZone doesn't stock the heater hoses for the EGs, not sure how thte other ones in my district are, and I'm not sure how they are in your area of the world.

If it were my car, there would be nothing but OE parts going on it. That's how I did it with my last DC4, and that's how I've been doing it with my new DC4.

The OE parts are specifically designed for your car. The aftermarket OE replacement parts might not fit or work as well as OE parts.
By d4rk13l4de
#154025 well i didnt get it done in time, the gasket blew is my guess, its overheating and blowing white sweet smelling smoke. time for a z6 or something
By That One Dude
#154236 B swap.
By d4rk13l4de
#154244 yea but in order to do that i would have to convert to 5 speed. i dont have that much money lol
By That One Dude
#154249 A B swap can be done for as little as $1200 for the whole kit and kaboodle.
By That One Dude
#154400 Yep. Good luck finding a full GSR or B16 swap for that little.
By d4rk13l4de
#154411 just a quick question, will the dohc zc bolt up to a d series transmission?