Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By KingcoupeO
#151764 if you look on some coupes JDM at least the rear of the hood is raised up . i thought this was for looks but have discovered i need to do it bc my hood hits my valve cover on the GSR swap i have , i think i may have come up with a very well engineered plan to make this happen . but am def open to suggestions !!!! :thumb: i will post pics once i accomplish the task .
By ikon
#151768 i heard it came from muscle cars who would do it to allow hot air to exit over the windshield as cold air wash pushed in.
By KingcoupeO
#151778 so put the spacer between the hood and the bracket or between the bracket and where it bolts to the chasis? i have nylon spacers and longer bolts...
By Treezy
#151970 Get an aftermarket fiberglass hood or do some fabricating. It sounds hard if you're not savvy in that area, but it's actually not too hard. Just takes some time and patience. Plenty of online resources, even some videos on youtube. Some people like the raised hood in the rear.., if you're one of them then washers are your easiest way out. Doesn't matter too terribly much which side, just pick which one provides the best stability and you're most comfortable with and roll!
By asianrob
#151989 it actually to defrost your windshield when its cold and or snowing and or freezing out side. so when your driving the hot air moves over your windshield and defrosts' itself.

jk.... lol
By KingcoupeO
#151995 :lol: YOU had me rob haha

but i did it , i got some nylon spacers and longer 10mm bolts and placed them beweeb the hood and the hinge and i must say the hood isn't hitting and it has added the style i was loookin for as well as functional, def guna get the pics up not a major raise but about half inch, just enough. i love EG'S :woot: :woot: :woot:
By asianrob
#151996 nice i am thinking of doing it but too lazy to haha...

oh and i am glad i had you! haha
By Greasedmonkey
#151997 what mounts did you use that made your motor sit like that. You shouldnt need them at all.
By Chance
Greasedmonkey wrote:what mounts did you use that made your motor sit like that. You shouldnt need them at all.

timestwo.... never heard of this happening...... :?
By Ajax1989
KingcoupeO wrote::lol: YOU had me rob haha

but i did it , i got some nylon spacers and longer 10mm bolts and placed them beweeb the hood and the hinge and i must say the hood isn't hitting and it has added the style i was loookin for as well as functional, def guna get the pics up not a major raise but about half inch, just enough. i love EG'S :woot: :woot: :woot:

haha u had me goin then i started to scroll down and i knew it was coming

but that might not be a bad idea if it help defrost ur window :lol:
and when i get my coupe i wanna do this just for looks tho :thumb:
By Treezy
#152161 Just fyi.. my SBC S10 has a reverse cowl and since it's gotten colder up here, YES, it's actually cleared my windshield up! No, I'm not kidding.. I don't have the ability to run defrost inside the truck so I know that's where it's coming from. Then again, it's a built up V8 so it does put out a little more heat than the average 4-banger.

I do wonder as well though.. Mounts? I know I've seen civics with the raised hoods before, even in the local area, but I never really bothered the question of why or what they put in there. Guess I just figured it was a larger engine or there was something in the way that prevented the proper mount placement.
By KingcoupeO
#152180 I have Avid mounts . the hood framming or support runner hits the end of the valve cover the slightest little bit, and the bolt for a ground wire dimpled it out a little . i also hadnt ever heard of it until this EG. i have had 2 previous with b18 and b16 motors with avid and hasport mounts and it never happend on the, so i am unsure :? . either way the ood looks fresh and its def helping it run cooler . def got some comliments tonight . im liking the super cheap addition .
By Chance
#152183 :thumb:
By kir1
#152240 iv done it on mine, only for looks though :D