Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By IM SO JDM
#149237 Hi Everyone I'm new to this site and just love it!!! cause its a EG forum :thumb: . I'm somewhat a noob if thats what you want to call me but anyways i just recently swapped in a b16a2 in my 95 civic dx coupe. Everytime i start it up and leave it on for a little bit to warm up the radiator smokes for some reason and i don't know what the problem is. It looks like it smokes from either the top near the hose of the radiator or from around the area. I NEED HELP!?!?!?!?!
By Ajax1989
#149248 check the coolent and the oil, you might have a bad head gasket and the exhaust is leaking into your coolent..

what does the smoke smell like?
is it a sweet smell?

what color? white wit a blue tint??

could you poss shoot a video and post it

:thumb:

oh and welcome to the site!
hope you enjoy ur stay :thumb:
By Apexracing
#149319 sounds like you have a split in the hose or the radiator, inspect both for any cracks or leaks. remember things expand as they heat up so make sure to check when the car is warmer.
By IM SO JDM
#149334 it doesn't really have a smell to it i don't know i don't leave it on long enough to tell. but i know i have a hose leak tho cause sometimes the top of my radiator hose leaks. i think i need something tighter around the hose or something.
By IM SO JDM
#149336 and oh yeah its white smoke
By IM SO JDM
#149351 is it okay to let it stay on???
By chrono404
#149355 If there is a leak in the hose, get a new hose, then bleed out your coolent system.

Hopefully that takes care of your issues.
By IM SO JDM
#149360 Thanks for all the help you guys!!! :mrgreen:
By Ajax1989
#149382 no problem man!
:thumb: