Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By bean
#147288 want to uprgrade to a b16a..
currently got a 1.5 manual (used to be auto) so i have got to sort the old auto mount out, but what is absolutly neccessary to do the swap. all below i will eventualy do anyway but do i neeeeeeed to uprate the brakes befor i do the swap (is there much diference in a standard 1.5-1.6 braking?
#
also i have aftermarket coilover springs, the kind you see on ebay. not the best in the world but better than standard. do i need to uprate them to.
#
how about steering.? if any one knows anythin else id need to change would be great.
By PandaHatch
#147309 Hi bean, where did you go? hah you could get some better pads but you wont necessarily need a big brake kit or anything. suspension what exactly do you have?
By That One Dude
#147484 I'd say upgrade to rear disc brakes and some better front pads. I rock PowerSlot rotors and Hawk HPS pads all around.

As far as suspension, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If your Ebay suspension is working properly, keep it until it breaks or you have the money laying around to upgrade.

For the swap:
Engine.
Transmission
ECU.
Axles.
Engine wiring harness.
B-series Mounts (All B-series mounts are the same except for the late 80s Preludes).
Shift linkages (All B-series shift linkages are the same. Period.).

It's not necessarily the cheapest thing in the world, but it's so doable it's not even funny.
By bean
#147553 cheers guys. any more info and help pre swap id be greatful.
By That One Dude
#147740 B-series swaps into EG chassis cars is damn near plug and play. It's almost as easy as putting a 350 into a 67 Camaro.

If the engine is an OBD-II engine, you should convert it over to OBD-I for simplicity sake and for compatability with the chassis harness.

If your car is not prewired for VTEC, you will need to make the VTEC harness. Go to any junk yard and find the VTEC solenoid connector. Solder its wires to a substantial length of wire and pin that into the ECU. Not sure which pin it is on the ECU harness, but I know there are diagrams here as well as all over the web.

If your engine is OBD-II, there are certain things you have to do to convert it over, but I'm not sure what they are. Someone on this board should be able to help you there.

As far as axles go:

-B18A1 and cable transmission require DA Integra intermediate shaft and axles (1990-1993 Integra LS/RS/GS).
-B17A1 and it's cable tranny require the DA GSR axles and shaft.
-B16A/A2 and it's tranny require axles that come out of any DC Integra or Civic with the B16A/B16A2.
-B18C/C1/C5/B1 and their hydro trannys use the same axles as the B16A/A2.

Mounts:

Hasport makes a set of mounts that are actually cheaper than OE mounts from any Honda dealership or online dealership. They only make the three upper mounts, so you'll either need to get OE front lower mounts or find something online. I found a dude selling a pair of custom cut billet aluminum mounts with hard polyurethane bushings for $80 and I jumped on them. Good luck finding something like those. I did find a website many years ago called jimfab.com I've never been able to get on the site though...but apparently he makes hard polyurethane front lower mounts that will work for both DC Integras and EG Civics with B-series swaps.

Oh, and you'll need the rear T-bracket from any DC Integra or B-series Civic. They're all over Dallas Craigslist.
By biggnutz123
#147752 hey man, like it was said up top the motor swap is cake! motor mounts axels, vtec, harnes and yer in. ohh and some integra/civic shift linkage.

as for the suspention the ebay coils gotta go for shure but not a super big deal if you dont do them right away

breaking is really the same way your cars gunna stop good enuf even with the b16 but upgradez are obviously better :thumb:

yull be good with the stock stearing as well power or not.

good luck with the build man give us some pics along the way :woot:
By bean
#149358 cheers guys, helps loads. cant waint to get started, wont be till dec tho as gotta raise some funds. think me and a mate are gonna doube team the actual swap rather than let some crummy garage do it, hes pretty clued up when it comes to H's, just got a insurance quote to... not bad at all.

will get some pics on along the way. keep any info coming!