Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ss5wil
#138867 I have 95 Civic EX Coupe and want to do the B18 swap and my car is currently an automatic and i want to switch to manual. I know all the parts that are needed in order to do the switch my question is where the shifter comes through the floor does it use the same hole as the auto shifter, is there a hole already there for the manual shifter, or do i have to cut a new hole for the shifter. Before anyone ask no i haven't removed my center console to check been to busy with work!

Thankyou for any help that is provided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By chrono404
#138879 I was thinking one would need to, But wasn't 100% Sure. So I googled it. This is what I found.

Deuche via Tampa Racing wrote:It is hard it just depends on how good you are in the garage. Iv been in the garage since I was a little boy & did my first swap on my dc & it went pretty smooth & took me like 2.5 days. What motor mounts are differant from the auto - maual on the eg. I have a manual eg that was totaled & I have some of the mounts if any of them are differant.

Im a certiied honda tech and i say its difficult and time consuming.

you need

All EG manual Mounts
Si Shift linkage
Shifter assy
Manual ECU
Manual Tranny
Manual Flywheel and Flywheel bolts
Clutch Assy
Master CYl
Slave cyl
Lines
Brake and Cltch assy
Pedal mounts
Manual Starter
Manual Axles
Misc bolts and fluids

You have to remove the auto duh remove the axles remove the shifter assy and cable remove the pedals remove the ecu

Now install the tranny
install the linkage make sure its lined up and not binding
cut a holein your floo pan to accomedate the shifer assy
mount the shifter and connect th linkage make sure it shifts and doesnt bind. install axles
cut hole in firewall for master cyl plunger
install pedal assy install master cyl run lines to slave cylinder on tranny.
wire up reverse lights nuetral saftey and i think 5th gear sensor.
install ecu and hope you didnt fuck anything up. Dont firget fluids andbleeding the clutch, oh and for the slow ones you install the clutch and flywheel when you install the tranny.... You might as well buy all new mounts since youll be replacing mounst anyways. get a good shifter bushing as well. Also replace axles seals since your down there.

- http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/archi ... 40865.html

One thing I noticed on their thats off is you need a Auto to Manual Tranny Mount. Not just a Normal Manual Tranny Mount.

Good Luck :thumb:
By bean
#147287 dont know if this helps, but i did an auto to manual swap about a year ago, from a 1.5 lsi to a manual 1.5 lsi, didnt need to cut or adapt anythin to do with shifter. went straight through. about the only thing that did. still got the engine mount (AUTO) that needs sortin really but its been fine for 12 months.
By PandaHatch
#147308 I had an ek auto to manual with a b18b the hole in the floor for shifter was cut up but I dont know for eg
By EGboi
#148913 i have a question is it possible to swap a DA cluster into a EG?? if so can some1 hit me with some knowledge thanx.. :D
By asianrob
PandaHatch wrote:I had an ek auto to manual with a b18b the hole in the floor for shifter was cut up but I dont know for eg

yup you have to knock out that plate where the hole for the manual shifter.

and one thing on the auto. you can cut a Manual Mount from a Manual Car and reweld it in place. or you can buy auto to manual tranny mount.

and Yes its possible but NO its not a plug and play affair
By EGboi
#149580 OK SO I PICKED UP THIS DA CLUSTER AND IM TRYING TO PUT IN MY DX MODEL EG AND I DONT KNOW HOW.IDK IF THERE HAS TO BE SOME WIRE CUTING AND RECONNECTING SO IF ANY1 KNOWS HOW TO PUT THIS CLUSTER IN AN EG PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND SEND ME THE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES ON HOW TO DO THIS THANX
By topramenkiller
EGboi wrote:OK SO I PICKED UP THIS DA CLUSTER AND IM TRYING TO PUT IN MY DX MODEL EG AND I DONT KNOW HOW.IDK IF THERE HAS TO BE SOME WIRE CUTING AND RECONNECTING SO IF ANY1 KNOWS HOW TO PUT THIS CLUSTER IN AN EG PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND SEND ME THE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES ON HOW TO DO THIS THANX

1. Please lower your tone of voice. No one is going to help you if you keep yelling.

2. Search.
By Mr. Pink
EGboi wrote:OK SO I PICKED UP THIS DA CLUSTER AND IM TRYING TO PUT IN MY DX MODEL EG AND I DONT KNOW HOW.IDK IF THERE HAS TO BE SOME WIRE CUTING AND RECONNECTING SO IF ANY1 KNOWS HOW TO PUT THIS CLUSTER IN AN EG PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND SEND ME THE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES ON HOW TO DO THIS THANX

NO IT WONT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

/end yelling.
By PandaHatch

YOUR HIGH-JACKING THIS THREAD MAKE YOUR OWN THIS THREAD IS ABOUT AUTO TO MANUAL CONVERSION NOT A CLUSTER.!!!! IM YELLING BACK!