Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jacktown1
#138373 i dont know how to put my header on i dont want to mess up something im new at hondas can someone help me out a lil
By ballistic
jacktown1 wrote:i dont know how to put my header on i dont want to mess up something im new at hondas can someone help me out a lil

Start by taking off the heatshield on the old stock header.

Then go under the car, and unbolt the 2 bolts i think it is that hold the lower section to the cat.

Then unbolt the 3 bolts from under the car where the lower section of the old exhaust manifold and the upper section meet.

now go to the top and unplug the o2 sensor plug, and start pulling off the 9 nuts that hold on the manifold to the head.

Pull the mani out, pull out the o2 sensor, swap it into the new header, and put it all back together the same way you took it apart.

That should pretty much cover it, and before you do this, soak all of the nuts/bolts with pb blaster. it will save you many head aches.

Good luck :thumb:
By jacktown1
#138561 thanks alot man so can i just use my old manifold gasket for the dc header
By ballistic
jacktown1 wrote:thanks alot man so can i just use my old manifold gasket for the dc header

It would be recommended to get a new one, they only cost a few dollars at the auto parts stores.
By jacktown1
#138636 do i have to buy a donut gaskit???
By Ajax1989
#138661 shouldnt the DC headers come with a new gasket??

but ballistic nailed it on the head
but i would take out the O2 sensor b4 unbolting
the headers, it will be easier to get off!

and if the o2 bung is down by the cat converter, you might have cut and extend the o2 wire(s)
By jacktown1
#138835 i got the header used and do you have a pic of where the o2 sencer is on a 94 ex
By chrono404
#138847 o2 sensor toward the front of the engine. its the thing sticking off the side pointing toward the transmission.
When I swapped my oem try-y ex/si header for a dc knockoff header I reused my head gasket. Never had any problems with them.

I couldn't get my o2 sensor out it was stuck. I just bought another one off ebay for around 40 bucks.
By JDMchristian991
#141972 Unbolt,unbolt o2 sensor,put new header on ,bolt the top in but dont snug them yet,put bolts in the bottem,reinstall o2,tighten everything.