Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By siraig
#133675 Hey all,

So I've owned my eg1 for a few months now and LOVE IT. The only thing thats been done to the car from stock are a set of wheels, and a magnaflow cat w/ catback ws2.

Now my problem... When running the car hard (WOT) at around 4500-5500k I will sometimes get a small "pfft". It literally sounds like a BOV. The car seems to loose power when this happens to. But it only goes PFFT then stops. and runs fine again... I have no idea where to start. PLEASE HELP!!
By Valpo500
#133865 It's the car overheating??

Check the hoses from the radiator to the engine...

The only idea that comes to my mind right know its a lik your head gasket...

pd. sorry about my english :thumb: trying to do my best!!
By dawg316
#134606 mine was doing something similar. turned out to be a cloged cat. my money is on something to do with the exhaust system so get under there and inspect it or take it to a mufler shop and have them take a look at it
By siraig
#134696 I think its a leak in between my header and cat. you see - when I went to install the new cat/catback, none of my local shops had any new header to cat gaskets - so i just re-used the old one to get through inspection. I'll have to get under there and check things out.