Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Matt.M
#133220 Well my hatch was broken in to while I was out of town for work at a hotel and they busted the hatch glass, messed up the hatch door, and messed up both doors trying to gain entrance to the point where none of them open and the car is totaled and my insurance isn't covering it.

So I'm left trading my Camaro Z28 for another Civic and I'll make the hatch a project car.

Now I have a few offers for my Camaro already, and it's time to make a decision. Which car would you prefer? Both have good paint jobs, drive great, and are in good condition all around. One car is a 94 coupe with a vtec with about 115k miles, and the other is a 96 hatch with around 150k miles. I do travel so space is a plus, but for the most part I'm going for fuel economy.
By 92egdxhatch
#133221 95 has lower miles and looks better than a 96
By eg_turbo_hatch
92egdxhatch wrote:95 has lower miles and looks better than a 96

x2
By Classiccarsrule85
eg_turbo_hatch wrote:
92egdxhatch wrote:95 has lower miles and looks better than a 96

x2

X3 plus it will be similar to your hatch as well as its obd1 plus its still a eg/ej so yea its definately easy to work on

Also parts will be easier to find as well as easier to work on so id say get the 95 and to get more space just remove the whole back seat and passenger side seat lol but yea you have enough space in a coupe definately
By chrono404
#133224 I personally like the ek hatches, however EJ Coupes Are tight too.
if it has vtec its probally an EX model, Which has sunroof, power steering, possibly abs, etc... It will be a better overall daily driver car then the ek hatch which wont have abs, or a sunroof. It looks cool, however the 94 coupe is the better deal.
By Greasedmonkey
#133250 Coupes blow, get the hatch!!
By Chance
#134516 coupe
By teal_dx
#134518 having 2 92-95 civics may save you some money on buying parts. Say you upgrade something on your hatch with an aftermarket part, the oem part can be a hand-me-down to your coupe. Or if something is not running right on your hatch, you can swap the part off of the coupe for testing.
By Punksz6
#134719 COUPE FTW :thumb:!!!
By asianrob
#134722 96 hatch = more room
94 coupe = 2drs

up to you.. both 1.6

gas is going to be similar

whats in your budget?

if you need room get an SUV

if you want gas get a civic

if you want both get an accord wagon or odyssey
By Matt.M
#134731 Well, I've just decided to sell the Camaro and just keep 1 car for now. The cash will help with the down payment of the house loan I'm going for, so this thread can be locked now :thumb: