North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Deleware, New Jersey
By Treezy
#153836 Back by popular demand, it’s the Evasive Illusions Show Down! I’m putting the word out early so people have a chance to add it to their calendar and work their schedules. There'll be plenty of updates as the show gets closer. Here’s the initial info:

Show Date: Saturday, 19 June 2010

Time: 11am – 6pm

Registration Time: 11am – 2pm

Registration Fee: $20 (tentative based on overhead costs, but this is what was charged previously and doesn’t include possible VIP parking)

Judging: Starts at 4pm

Judges: Looking for Judges

Trophies: Haven’t finalized the count or classes, last year we had plenty.

Who can compete?? ANYONE with a car, truck, or bike, stock or modified.

Will Evasive members be allowed to compete? Yes. Judging will be done by outside, non-club affiliated persons with no personal or business ties to us. As a last resort to ensure fairness, if judging CANNOT be independently done, all Evasive rides will be removed from competition. Judges are usually picked with various automotive backgrounds ranging from stock to custom, and are all local business owners, workers, etc..

How many Judges are there? We usually have 3 judges, and we try to have them from different businesses and expertise.

Do I have to compete to show?? No. To just show and not compete the cost is $15.

I have a very high-priced vehicle and have insurance/security concerns.. We’re willing to discuss options for securing your vehicle using ropes, cones, etc..

Are there any specialty trophies? Best-In-Show, Best Under Construction, Most Represented Club, and we’re looking into more!

Are you looking for show sponsors? Yes! We’re currently looking for show sponsors. If you have a business, or know someone who may be interested, please let us know. Sponsors can set up booths, displays, car sales, banners, dyno, and even sponsor their own specialty trophy or an entire class.

ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT EVASIVE: evasive.illusions@gmail.com
Last edited by Treezy on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Treezy
#157816 ***UPDATE***

- Rain Date is cancelled, it's rain or shine on the 15th.

- We've just gotten approval for the following competitions:

Hydro Hop
Bass-Off

- SERVIN'EM DVD's is also expected to be at the show taking video to possibly put in an up-coming DVD! BE THERE!!
By Treezy
#173767 Bumpin the thread because the date just changed..
By emerica544
#174192 So wat day is it? I live down the street so i might go
By Treezy
#174201 Sorry bout that.. I edited the original post. The date is 19 June 2010, Father's Day.

Here's the address:

Big Bethel Recreation Area
Hampton, Virginia 23666

It's just off of Big Bethel Road near Saunders.

We'll be opening pre-registration around May 1st with instructions located on our website: www.evasiveillusions.com

any other questions, just hit me up!
By emerica544
#174750 So registration opens May 1st for the show date of June 19th?
By Treezy
#174786 Registration is only on June 19th. That's when you will actually pay to enter. Pre-registration opens on May 1st. You will be able to send in your info to get a spot reserved at the show. If we run out of spots on the day of, anyone who pre-registers will have a spot reserved. This does two things: It gives you as a competitor a guaranteed spot at the show, and also gives us a head's up on not only how many to expect, but what kinds of rides to expect. If we get enough of a certain make/model/year/etc.. we will look at expanding our classes. That will give better competition and a better chance to place! an example would be we get 30 honda civics during pre-registration.. We can then take that into consideration and make an all honda class, all civic class, or even break it down into mild/wild or by series, such as EG/EK etc.. Anyone who pre-registers will have to be registered at our gate by the time registration ends on show day. If not, then their spots will be given to the next person in line to get in.

I hope that helped clear up the registration/pre-registration question. If anyone has any other questions, please let me know!
By Treezy
#197371 HERE'S THE LATEST UPDATE!

We've made a lot of updates since I last posted this, including adding the trophy list, getting the sound comp sponsored, etc. I'd like to welcome SERVIN'EM DVDs to our show as part of the event coverage, as well as DJ Dammitman X for our music and announcements. For the most up-to-date info, please visit our website: www.evasiveillusions.com and click on the car show link. If you have any specific questions, or if you have a question that wasn't covered on the page, please drop me a line and I'll get you an answer! Good luck to everyone who will be competing.., and be lucky I'm not there ;)

When: June 19th!

Sorry I won't be there guys, I'm deployed to Iraq right now. But I'll be back around mid 2011 sometime if ya'll wanna hook up.