California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon
By Chance
#125075 So I'm REALLY considering moving to portland.... It wouldnt be until/if I could sell my house :? BUT I really want a change of scenery/people.

any thoughts/pointers from yall?
By BLaCkSiLo
Chance wrote:So I'm REALLY considering moving to portland.... It wouldnt be until/if I could sell my house :? BUT I really want a change of scenery/people.

any thoughts/pointers from yall?

how come you are considering on moving? well it kind of depends on your job? i live in SE portland... like gresham/troutdale area and i like it, i would like to live in clackamas or milwaukie area but that will be later.

downtown portland has a lot of stuff to do and some really expensive areas to live like the pearl district, we have a light rail that is pretty convienant although all the bums and shady people ride it.

there is a lot to do tho, beach is only 1.5 hours away, snowboard/mountain is an hour away, motocross park is like 30 min away, we have some rivers and stuff, PIR has some cool cars at the drags in the summer. let me know what ya think
By Chance
#125099 I've been to Portland and loved it.. was just a quick 1 day visit.. I, well me and my wife just are really sick of AZ.. and would LOVE a change. I grew up in Idaho and totally miss living in a GREEN enviroment. I'm sick of this desert crap. What is the cost of living like there??

I really love the convienience of everything you listed from the beach to snowboarding to motox, rivers, mountians to hike. shit i'd be in HEAVEN!
By Chance
BLaCkSiLo wrote:how come you are considering on moving? well it kind of depends on your job? i live in SE portland... like gresham/troutdale area and i like it, i would like to live in clackamas or milwaukie area but that will be later.

I work in a pharmacy.. there usually is a decent need for pharmacy techs.. Plus the school i went to has job placement option for anywhere in the US for my whole life :D
By BLaCkSiLo
Chance wrote:
BLaCkSiLo wrote:how come you are considering on moving? well it kind of depends on your job? i live in SE portland... like gresham/troutdale area and i like it, i would like to live in clackamas or milwaukie area but that will be later.

I work in a pharmacy.. there usually is a decent need for pharmacy techs.. Plus the school i went to has job placement option for anywhere in the US for my whole life :D

well shit in that case, yeah there are pharmacies everywhere, that would be cool to be able to go anywhere you wanted. do you have any family in AZ with you? hiking is pretty kick ass in the gorge like multnomah falls and that area

i don't think it gets as cold here as Idaho, it rains a lot during the winter/spring but doesn't really get all that hot, with the exception of a few 100 degree days. it's going to be 80 today :D

for cost, it depends on what you choose, but here in SE portland, i would say it's 600-750/month for a 2 bedroom apartment, houses are pricey i suppose, but i would choose a non-sketch neighborhood and research...no sales tax FTW!
By Chance
#125246 Nice thanks for all the input dude. Ya all my family is here in AZ along with my wifes family. I would probably look into a nice 2-3 bdrm apt or a decent house just to rent.... hmm I'm sure I have a while to look into it and decide what/when/where(in OR) I would like to move. I'm trying to get my home loan modified then MAYBE I could get a renter in there or something and move!
By Chance
#125247 And the weather is so great there IMO.. I love WA but it rains tooo much there OR is nice it rains but not AS much and never to hot or cold. damn I get a boner just thinking about moving uh
By Chance
#125253 Yup for sure.. I honestly would love to sell pretty much everything(except my cars of course) and just start fresh there. That would be stellar... I'll keep ya posted, my wife is game so its just a matter of what to do with our house and WHEN...
By Chance
#125263 Yah dude just hope she doesnt chicken out once it comes down to actually doing it haha
By Joplies
#125309 Wait so you might be movin up here bro?
By Chance
Joplies wrote:Wait so you might be movin up here bro?

I REALLY REALLY want to... :)
By Joplies
#125322 That would be pretty siick dude! The NW can always use more freakin EG people!
By Chance
#125326 Yeah for sure!!!