California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon
By chrono404
#230440 Datsmart contacted me and told me about a Chop Shop that got busted in Olympia, So I figured it would be a good idea to do a Drive By. Cops where all over the place and I saw a very very stripped down delsol shell being loaded onto a Trailer.

According to the Olympian's news story three stolen hondas where there, One from Olympia, One from Tumwater(Next door to Olympia) and one from Puyallup(About 30miles away from Olympia). Story also mentions high possibility's of Gang Relations.

"Costa said the recovered stolen vehicles and parts may help clear an unusually large number of stolen vehicle reports from the Olympia area over the past year."

Good news for anyone who lives in the Olympia Area, However it would be a good idea to do security upgrades to your cars regardless.

Story Link:
http://www.theolympian.com/2010/12/29/1 ... ni_popular
By Gustavo
#230445 1 down many more 2 go.
By teal_dx
#230446 'busted' stores like this make me sleep a little better at night knowing that the police ARE trying to do something about our cars getting stolen so often. :thumb:
By Datsmart
#230540 Why are Honda's so desirable to chop shops?

Because we all desire "swaps" and "upgrades".
Almost every poster on any Honda based forum says the same thing most Honda owners say.
"I'm looking for a Swap..."
"what do u think of doing this teg front end swap?"
"I want to get a USDM cluster for my CX"
"how hard is it to convert a automatic transmission to a manual transmission?"
This just a few quotes I grabbed today.

I am not saying we shouldn't want to upgrade our cars. That is why we like Hondas. Ever tried to upgrade a Toyota or Nissan? Hondas are quality cars and have many interchangable parts.
What hurts us all though is those that do not care where they "score" their parts. If you have ever purchased a part with a questionable back ground, then you are part of the problem.
I confess, I have met up with a guy from craigslist, bought the item from him and once he had the money in his hand he couldn't get out of there fast enough. The deal was done and he was gone, but I had the feeling that what I had just purchased was hot.
If, before the sale, you feel that a part is stolen, back out. Let's not purposely make it profitable for the thieves out there.
By 1ACarlos
#230547 Definitely there isn't any harm in wanting to upgrade your vehicle but at the expense of other people is when it really blows. It's always good when someone cracks down a chop shop. Good for them up in Olympia.