California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon
By Under Co Hatch
#16296 whats up evrybody? well i'm moving back to Cali :woot: in about 3 months. i need to know how the cops are in cali? what are they dicks about? im moving to ontario if that matters?

Thanks in advance! :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#16297 Cops in Cali suck from what I hear. They give you a real hard time about modifying your car. :thumbdown:
By ChicagoMike
Straight Jdm wrote:from what you hear? or you are from cali?

From what I hear.....
I'm right next door in Arizona. :thumb:
By Under Co Hatch
#16323 i think thats what i'm going to do because i have the car under my step dads name & he is staying here in Texas :woot: so i think thats what i'm going to do?
By Hereg6
#16327 It kind of sucks having a modified car in so cal.There really cracking down on imports.It's doesn't matter if you have out of state plates they will still pop your hood and give you a ticket for everything

check this out

http://www.ots.ca.gov/pressRoom/2005/prsrls-0508.asp
By Under Co Hatch
#16364 damn you really think they will give me shit? even with texas plates? :?
By Hereg6
Straight Jdm wrote:damn you really think they will give me shit? even with texas plates? :?

You might be able to get away with it for awhile as long as you keep your texas licenes and your plates
By teal_dx
#16459 yeah keep your old liscence and plates FTW!

I had a friend who moved there for work a few summers ago. his car had no cat & Ohio plates. He never got pulled over once.

If you have your TX liscence, you could give them a similar excuse when you get pulled over. "Just here for temporary work"
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:yeah keep your old liscence and plates FTW!

I had a friend who moved there for work a few summers ago. his car had no cat & Ohio plates. He never got pulled over once.

If you have your TX liscence, you could give them a similar excuse when you get pulled over. "Just here for temporary work"

I tried all that in Illinois. Cops got soooooo tired of seeing my car on the streets, they eventually pulled me over and took my Arizona drivers license, that forced me to get an Illinois one.

My other buddy had AZ license plates on his car in Illinois, and the cops pulled him over and took the plates right off his car.

IDK just how bad Cali is, but if they're anything like Illinois, you might have a lil trouble in your future.
By Under Co Hatch
#16490 damn it. well i hop ethe whole texas plates plan works because my car is boosted so i know they will fuck with me. :(