Photoshopped images & requests, show off your Photography
By Mr Rattles
#311722 Hey guys.

My lady and I decided to go away for the weekend last month to a small town called Franschhoek only 30mintes drive from Cape Town.

On the second day we visited the car museum for the first time and what a fabulous experiance it was. If ever you get the opportunity to visit then this is definitely 1 of the activities you should do.

Here are a few pics.

Where the cars sleep

Heres a few classics on display

Ive never seen a leaf spring setup like this before

IMO super cool

The car had a wind down window in the tail gate

Stunning E type Jag

Our view of the town

1 of my favourites

Ford Fairlane anyone

This Merc was owned by a doctor who donated it to the museum

New school anyone

Thanks for looking
By 1ACarlos
#311906 Love the F-40 my favorite Ferrari of all time.
By bigJOE671
1ACarlos wrote:Love the F-40 my favorite Ferrari of all time.

^^^I agree

I was in Cape Town and I didn't know they had that car mesuem :(
By Mr Rattles
bigJOE671 wrote:
1ACarlos wrote:Love the F-40 my favorite Ferrari of all time.

^^^I agree

I was in Cape Town and I didn't know they had that car mesuem :(

Ah that sucks bro.guess you're gonna have to visit again lol.

Thanks guys.the F40 was amazing.

I must mention we took the trip to go view the Honda NSX.
I've never seeing a nsx in real life before as the is maybe only 2 or 3 in Cape Town.

So anyways walking through the museum we were told the NSX wasn't only display this month. what a anti climax lol. Had good fun though
By Chance
#312003 That blows man, missing out on the NSX. I see one at least once a month :P
By #ROBIN#
#330267 okay...a little history.

lets start with this specific ferrari F40. It was badly smashed to bits and pieces by Johann Rupert's (will get to his story in a minute) son on the infamous hells-hoogte (hells heights) pass, this road claims many lives a year and is about 10km from the museum. Its a mountain road with loads of twists, awesome road. They then decided to rebuild this car from ground up, and there she is- few parts still missing but who cares when they have two more :D

all the cars in the museum is owned by one guy...Johann Rupert, His grand father (i stand corrected, could be great grand father) was the first to import tobacco into south africa- go figure how rich the Ruperts are, so with that said in the museum stands the first ever ford imported to south africa :o , and still in pristine condition- this same ford was their delivery vehicle for the tobacco company.

The NSX is one of two in Cape Town (other belonging to a Honda franchise owner) and one of 3 in the whole of South Africa that was legally brought in by Honda SA... but theres a black import (grey model) and probably a few others running around

very cool place the museum, they also have a few vintage bicycles.

Well theres some useless info.
By Mr Rattles
#332757 @ Robin, thanks for that awesom info buddy. I honestly had no idea until I read your reply. Dam imagine crashing a fucking F40 and having to tell your dad. I'd seriously run haha