Photoshopped images & requests, show off your Photography
By Sire
#176350 These 2 sites really helped me a lot first when I was deciding on wich camera to buy, and then on how to use it! I now have a Canon 400D/XTi

http://cameralabs.com/

http://dslrtips.com/

These sites have a LOT of info and are very easy to navigate! On most subjects, the editor Gordon Laing, has made instructionvideos.

Have fun!
By ShEfA
#178062 Those helped me choose a camera and decide between models very easily! But I want to read something about automotive photography, tips and tricks like what F-stop to use, what lenses, how to do this and that... you know.
By Sire
#178089 Have you seen the sticky by Teal? That post has some good tips in there too! :thumb:
By ShEfA
#178238 Yes, Sire :) I have seen it and read it, but as informative as it is, it doesn't give answers to more specific questions like: What F-stop to use so the car is in perfect focus, but all other object behind it are blurred.; How to shoot interiors with non-wide-angle lenses and etc...
By Sire
#178266 Your first question is fairly simple...to blur the background of any photo (portrait or car) use the lowest F number available on your camera/lens. The higher your f-stop, more and more of your composition wile be in focus...

And as for your second question, it all depends on what you want to photograph. If you want a shot of your steeringwheel for example, you can use the low f number and photograph it up close to get a blurry background. You wouldn't need a wide-angle lens for that. However, if you want to put your whole interiour in the picture, you would need some sort of wide angle mode or the widest angle on your lens. You can also buy wide angle conversion lenses wich you can screw onto your lens like a filter, these are not that expensive and i've seen some good results...

Anyway good shooting! :thumb:
By ShEfA
#178299 I know, that the lower F-number, the wider aperture. But it also makes the Depth of field very narrow, which may lead to blurry end/front of the car and etc.

However, obviously experiment will be the key here. :)