Relating to the site
By Racing Rice
#11057 That thing is PIMP! Any idea when the Del Sol is getting added?
By teal_dx
#11060 thanks- glad to see you like it! The thing about it is that to make it look realistic, the view of the car has to be at the perfect angle.
There's tons of hatches out there, and lots of coupes... but the 4 doors and del sols are less comon.
On top of that, the picture needs to be a certain color to create all the other colors from it. Like Silver is good, but something like a dark blue or dark green or black won't work.

So it's going to happen when the right del sol pic comes along... I'm alwaya looking :)
By Racing Rice
#11065 Well if a pic is all you need, I might be able to help dig something up. I'm guessing that you are looking for a Front driver side angle view similar to the hatch and coupe. I can check with the guys on the Sol forums, I know there are one or two white ones floating around. I'll try to get them to grab some pics.
By Racing Rice
#11070 I completely understand.. I posted a thread on Sol Society asking for pics, and put a link to the Rim Viewer so they can see what you are looking for, and a little publicity for the site. :lol:
By Racing Rice
#11081 I have a lead on a silver one and a white one. If I can get the right size and angle I think we maybe in business. :thumb: :hehe:
By Racing Rice
#11230 Hey Teal,

How would this car work? I'm guessing the shadow isn't going to work, but I asked him to snap a couple more without the shadows when he has time. If there is anything specific that you need let me know and I can pass it on.

By teal_dx
#11234 the right idea, but the perspective is off. looks like he was close with the camera zoomed all the way out. This creates somewhat of a fisheye effect. The car needs to be show from a distance with the lens zoomed in to get the angle like the coupe and hatch in the rim viewer.

Also, white is good because it has less reflections, but also some areas can get overexposed and look washed out.

An underexposed photo is more usable than an overexposed one :thumb:

Overall a good first attempt to match the angle of the hatch and coupe. Main thing is so move back from the car and zoom in :thumb:
By Racing Rice
#11238 Thanks man, I passed it on to him. Whats a good way to keep the white from getting overexposed?
By Racing Rice
#11293 Hey man, here are a few more that he snapped today. Let me know what you think. He said that the car will be in the shop for a couple of weeks getting work done, so I don't know how many more he will be able to take.

By teal_dx
#11362 Hey, the 2nd and 3rd pics both look like they could work. I'll get into it this week and see how they work out. Looks like the Del Sol rim viewer will be up next :woot:
By Racing Rice
#11365 Sweet!!! I can't wait to check out an Olive Sol with carbon hood and a mix of rims. :thumb: