Relating to the site
By i8umup
#95369 is there a rule about just posting on a topic for the hell of it? postwhoring?i mean alot of us come here for usefull info and help and the occasional opinion.as i loged on for my daily dose of civic-eg.com and its fellow pattrons i noticed the ticker on the main page was littered with one user and as i looked at the topics it was just one word replies and crap that didnt help the person asking the question at all. i mean am i just bitchen at nothing here or does anyone else feel like well idk mabe they should not be able to post for 24 hours or something :? mabe a realy shitty nickname so everyone know just how much of an ass they realy are :?
By teal_dx
#95381 if it gets bad enough any of those things can happen. Or an admin can delete their posts if they are doing it for the post count :twisted:
I'm glad that some people don't want this place to turn into another honda site with a bunch of useless posts :thumb: I'm with you 100%

If you do feel the need to post whore, take it to the Junk Yard :woot:
By marvinp8700
i8umup wrote:is there a rule about just posting on a topic for the hell of it? postwhoring?i mean alot of us come here for usefull info and help and the occasional opinion.as i loged on for my daily dose of civic-eg.com and its fellow pattrons i noticed the ticker on the main page was littered with one user and as i looked at the topics it was just one word replies and crap that didnt help the person asking the question at all. i mean am i just bitchen at nothing here or does anyone else feel like well idk mabe they should not be able to post for 24 hours or something :? mabe a realy shitty nickname so everyone know just how much of an ass they realy are :?

u mad?
By teal_dx
marvinp8700 wrote:
i8umup wrote:is there a rule about just posting on a topic for the hell of it? postwhoring?i mean alot of us come here for usefull info and help and the occasional opinion.as i loged on for my daily dose of civic-eg.com and its fellow pattrons i noticed the ticker on the main page was littered with one user and as i looked at the topics it was just one word replies and crap that didnt help the person asking the question at all. i mean am i just bitchen at nothing here or does anyone else feel like well idk mabe they should not be able to post for 24 hours or something :? mabe a realy shitty nickname so everyone know just how much of an ass they realy are :?

u mad?

is this the junk yard ? :wink:

ps. it's more than 1 person
By CivicTypeR
marvinp8700 wrote:
u mad?

By marvinp8700
teal_dx wrote:
marvinp8700 wrote:

u mad?

is this the junk yard ? :wink:

ps. it's more than 1 person

it's all in good fun
By marvinp8700
CivicTypeR wrote:
marvinp8700 wrote:
u mad?

wat wat!
By ohDirka
#95419 I feel the same way. I tend to jump on a few times a day and each time I usually look through each new thread but lately its been crazy. I do like seeing more post dont get me wrong. I say take it to the junk yard rather than posting something useless in somebody's thread about something they need help with.
Last edited by ohDirka on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chrono404
D15kid wrote:I feel the same way. I tend to jump on a few times a day and each time I usually look through each new thread but lately its been crazy. I do like seeing more post dont get me wrong. I say take it to the junk yard rather than posting something useless in somebody's thread about something they need help with.

x2

Civic-eg is an awesome site full of good info and awesome people. having random spam everywhere would ruin that.
By vtec_gloucester
#95454 the way i see it is there are certain threads we can let our hair down... like the post something about the user above you thread... everyone just posts random shit in there and it can get quite entertaining sometimes :lol:

but i agree when it comes to tech threads... a member with a serious problem looking for a serious reply! threads like that, if you dont have a decent answer or any help for the member then stay out of the thread... simple.
By Gorveatt
#95457 If it's a post like "that sucks" when someone is looking for assistance with a problem they are having with their car, I agree, but if it's in off topic, or in a thread where someone is showing off their car and someone posts "nice car" then it's more acceptable, but can be taken too far
By teal_dx
vtec_gloucester wrote:but i agree when it comes to tech threads... a member with a serious problem looking for a serious reply! threads like that, if you dont have a decent answer or any help for the member then stay out of the thread... simple.

listen to this man :thumb: there is the simple rule to live by 8)