Relating to the site

What are your feelings on the Civic-EG Garage?

6%
29%
65%
By teal_dx
#92660 Since the server change, there's some problems with some extra features of the site, one being the garage.
If I was going to upgrade the forum software to Vbulletin, now would be the time to do it since we would lose the garage anyways when upgrading to Vbulletin.
But I know that some of you have put a lot of time into the vehicles in your 'garage'

If you want to keep the garage, speak up. I'll take the time soon to go through the code line by line and find a way to get it functioning properly again.

If the majority do not care about it, then that will be one more reason to buy Vbulletin and upgrade from the free phpbb software the site currently runs on. All information in the garage (mods, pics, comments etc.) will be gone for good.

If you don't know, the garage is the vehicle link below a member's avatar (currently not showing). The link takes you to a page with pics/mods/specs of their car. http://civic-eg.com/garage.php is the main area.

Please vote, your vote counts at Civic-EG :)

(I'll also get these xmas smilies back to normal soon)
By hondajunkee
#92665 I've filled out older cars but could never get a pic to load so i stopped using it

Off with its head!
By Graham
#92707 Its useless - everyone has a build thread, if folk are interested in a car they'll look in that, the garage is just a waste of space!
By vtec_gloucester
#92738 its a nice feature but i aint never used it... im with graham though, people make build up threads and imo there better.
By CivicTypeR
#92742 Keep it, it's a cool add-on feature.
By Dippin_EG
#92743 ive never used it, and the ones I click on are usually empty. Build threads ftw :thumb:
By spiritR
#92751 i never even noticed it lol
By Gorveatt
#92759 I think it's neat but wouldn't miss it
By ohDirka
#93741 Its a cool feature but vbulliten is supposed to be pretty sweet
By teal_dx
#93744 I'm a fan of VBulletin and all the controls you have with it, but not sure if I'm ready to give up the look & feel of our forum, custom menus, and other add-on mods yet. I got the feedback ratings & watch topics working again.

I'm on the fence about waiting to see if VB comes out with a sleeker version to compete with PHPBB 3.0. The current old version of VB looks dated IMO.
By ohDirka
teal_dx wrote:The current old version of VB looks dated IMO.

Yeah for sure