Relating to the site
By teal_dx
#5826 A while back ffHeart mentioned a transaction feedback system (http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=142) It was a good idea but I wanted to look around and see what was the best one to use. Turns out the one I found back in Nov is still the best, and also kinda complicated to install.
I was nervous about it back then since there were already enough technical problems in civic-eg's early days- but now we're all good!

So here's how it works (it's a lot like Ebay's feedback system)

1. You make a post in the For Sale forum
2. You get a couple of bites, (members posting in your thread with questions/offers) and then someone buys your item!
3. At the bottom of your for sale thread, there is a "FINALIZE" button:
4. Click it once the transaction is completed (you get the money and the buyer gets your item.)
5. You'll get a " Sale Finalized" PM in your Messages inbox. It will have a link to the for sale thread for reference, and a link to feedback.
6. Select a name from the list (the list is people who posted in your thread) or if they didn't post in your thread, you can choose "other" insert the member's name in the black box. You can also declare a non-member buyer if you sold the item locally to someone not on the site, or someone on another site.
7. Now you get to rate the person. Choose POSITIVE, NEUTRAL, or NEGATIVE. This rating is selected Neutral by default, and is easy to skip over if you're in a hurry since it is at the very top of the page. Then you can add a comment about the transaction as well.

You're done! It's really easier & faster than it seems. All members have a feedback rating below their avatar. This way honest members will build their reputation and anyone selling junk will be known :twisted: :lol:
By MG6
#347578 So does this occur on the party who is selling the item or can it start from the buyer end?

Don't see any button to start or provide feedback on the item i got.

thanks Teal! :woot:
By MG6
#347587 got it. thank you :D