Relating to the site
By jmsplitfyre
#64226 These guys are annoying already. Everytime I log in to check out new posts they all just seem to be bumped by stupid WoW gold spammers in our forum. :? First there was this guy I forgot the name, then micky0604, then now there's this sslivigo.

What do we do to get rid of these retards? :x
By id3379
#64345 Teal and the admins are doing there best to cook the spam
By Faded_Milano
#64347 hire 24 moderators around the world to take 1 hour shifts. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#64560 hey, I just loggen in tody for the first time since Fri (no internet at the new house yet) and found a couple more. It seems the spambots finally found their way past the anti-spam software. :x

I bumped up the difficulty friday which did not help. Now we are back to the second post rule. New users cannot post any links or images until their second post. I don't like to do that, but until I find a software upgrade that is the solution.

In the meantime, please IGNORE any spam posts. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS that the spambots post! One spambot was posting in chinese with links. They're getting crafty :thumbdown:

Thanks for patience as we figure this out :thumb:
By jmsplitfyre
#64613 Thanks, teal_dx! :woot: But is it possible to let them post after 10 posts or so? Remember that micky0604 had 18 posts if I remember it right. Arrgh! Forum spammers! :x
By teal_dx
#64624 None of their posts are ever legitimate though. The bots will post like 10-15 posts in a row in just a few minutes. The one thing that every one of their posts has in common is an external link, every time. So this way the spambot will have their post rejected every time because the first thing they are trying to post will have a link in it. The existing ones from the past week are being deleted as they show themselves. :D
By jmsplitfyre
#64655 Oh now I get it. Thanks again, teal_dx! :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#64658 Keep up the good work Brian, if you need any help lemme know, i fought in the bot wars on eghatchback... those were tough times :(
By blockustomz
#64663 damn spammers.. i also would lke to say keep up the good work! :thumb:
By asianrob
#65174 great work! :thumb: but theres a nother spammer on the loose. just spotted today bcde226
By asianrob
#65178 nice