Relating to the site
By jedrick
#345752 ok so everything is working, but i have a leak , the system holds vacuum but it empties out i put some dye in the system but i cant find the leak, any ideas where i should look?

it holds vacuum but in less than i week my system had no freon, ideas?
By Leppy
#345753 I had an issue like this once. Is the system R-134 from the factory, or has it been converted from R-12?

I had a leak I couldn't detect for the longest time. Turned out to be a leaky valve in the conversion kit. I had to fiddle with mine before it sealed, but what I really need to do replace the screwed on parts.

Look for dye around the valve when you pull the caps off, or look for bubbles. If it's a strong leak, you'll see it bubble out. If it's a slower leak, you could spray some soapy water on it and it'll bubble.
By jedrick
#345754 No I haven't changed it, Its factory R134
By Leppy
jedrick wrote:No I haven't changed it, Its factory R134

Still couldn't hurt to check the valves for leaks either way. I've had to replace a few when I worked at the Honda dealership on R134 systems.

Other common places i've seen leak are the o-rings connecting the lines to the compressor and the condenser.
By jedrick
#345756 When u say the valves as r u talking about the one that goes from cold to hot? That moves if u move the slider from the inside?
By Leppy
jedrick wrote:When u say the valves as r u talking about the one that goes from cold to hot? That moves if u move the slider from the inside?

These things. They are screwed inside under the caps on both the low and high side. They are exactly like the valves inside the valve stems in your wheels/tires.

Sometimes they back out, and sometimes the seals fail.
By jedrick
#345759 I have replace those they are brand new and I have tested for leaks they r good, is it possible that is leaking inside the box under the dash? In the blower fan area
By jedrick
#345915 Is it possible? The above question? I have used 2 12 oz freon cans with dye and straight dye and can't find a leak
By jedrick
#346973 So I gave up on playing ac repair man, took it to a shop and they told me it was the compressor, bought one last week and it just arrived, let's see if they were right
By jedrick
#347001 Should I drive the car after installing a new compressor or should I wait until I vacumm the system?
By Leppy
jedrick wrote:Should I drive the car after installing a new compressor or should I wait until I vacumm the system?

If the system is sealed, it's ok as long as you don't actually TURN ON the compressor. Keep the A/C button off until it's vacuumed and recharged.
By jedrick
#347003 OK tyvm
By jedrick
#347081 OK so I opened up the old compressor and it was completely shredded inside, I'll post a pic later, Now I need to ask u guys I put 2 oz of pag 46 in each hole in the compressor is this OK or wrong? And I'm not sure which hole I put it , in the dryer and I put about 1 oz and 1/2 in it , doesn't the oil go thru the entire ac system? Does it matter which hole
By jedrick
#347082 And FML, the system is not holding a vacum