Relating to the site
By bigJOE671
jedrick wrote:I really don't know, I did find out my condenser fan ain't spining , wanna enlighten me? I also need to figure out off the compressor is working and how to test if the blower fan is working I think it is, cause the air blows try the vents, if you know what fuses all correspond to the ac system I would be in a good place that's all I know for now ask away and I can try to help with what I have seen

The only way for you to get those readings is if you put freon in and the temp went to ambient temperature which will show in the gauge or when you were disconnecting the vacuum pump you forgot to close the high and low side valves.

If you did forget to close the valves you got to re-vacuum the system again.

The only way for you to find out if the compressor is working there needs to be freon in the system, turn on the blower fan which is working since you said air is blowing through the vents, and have the AC button on which should show a green light.

There is a low pressure switch that will shut off the compressor when there is not enough freon in the system. When there is enough freon you would see the outside part of the pulley engage.

Look for the fuse box under the hood and search for corresponding AC components and check/test the fuse
By jedrick
#344633 I closed both the low and high ports at the top by the gauges then I shut off the compressor and I disconnected the yellow hose and connected a can of freon and disconnected the high port and then opened the low port with the ac on blast, does the fan have to spin for it to get cold? And my fuse Box lid diagram is all gone
By bigJOE671
jedrick wrote:I closed both the low and high ports at the top by the gauges then I shut off the compressor and I disconnected the yellow hose and connected a can of freon and disconnected the high port and then opened the low port with the ac on blast, does the fan have to spin for it to get cold? And my fuse Box lid diagram is all gone

You did not need to disconnect the high side hose. Leave it on to get the pressure reading but let the valve stay close on the gauge.

The condenser fan needs to be working in order for the AC to be cold.

Search google for the diagram (civic eg fuse box diagram)
By jedrick
#344636 When u say "Leave it on to get the pressure reading but let the valve stay close on the gauge. " u mean leave it connected at the quick connect but the Spinny thing close to the gauge leave it close? Sorry for my advance technical terms hope u understand them, and if I get this right with the top Spinny thing closed nothing comes out but stuff still works from the port to the gauge?
By jedrick
#344638 OK guys I'll do some reading and redo the vacumming and tommorow and post results

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP
By jedrick
#344675 I vacuumed the system again,BTW is it safe to drive the car or turn the ac on after vacuuming the system , and my fan works but not getting power so I have a wiring issue , the previous owner rigged it so there is a button that turns on the compressor so I will find the right wiring diagram and rewire it. FML this is gonna be fun

Edited
Last edited by jedrick on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By jedrick
#344677 Hey guys does the compressor have to have to kick on for the fan to work?
By bigJOE671
jedrick wrote:Hey guys does the compressor have to have to kick on for the fan to work?

I hate to say but I don't know...I can check in like 45 minutes when I get off work though
By jedrick
#344679 OK I appreciate that