Relating to the site
By jedrick
#344180 i need some help finding a guide telling me what to check or test or some kind of trouble shooting guide for a 92-95 civic coupe ac
not blowing cold and it holds freon
By bigJOE671
#344181 What year is your car?

I don't have a guide but I can try to help you find the problem.

When did it stop blowing cold air? did if ever blow cold air at all?

First thing...was the system ever opened? If so, did you vacuum the sytem for 30mins to get rid of moisture.

Did you change the Drier?

Did you put freon in the system yourself? if so, how many oz?

Did you check the low and high side pressures? if so, what were the readings?
By jedrick
#344205 1.my car is a 95

2.stopped blowing cold air about a month ago, yes it used to blow cold air

3.system was never opened

4.drier wasnt changed

5.yes i put freon in it myself, one small can, 12 oz

6.no didnt not check low or high port preasure but can get my hands on some gauges, i will let you know
By bigJOE671
#344218 Ok first thing you did wrong was that you didn't vacuum the system. Putting a vacuum on the system gets rid of the moisture in there. When there is moisture your AC won't get cold.

Another thing is that you only put 12oz of freon in your system. The system holds around 22oz. The thing about that also is that you can't tell how much is in the system unless you got an expensive AC servicing unit. If the system doesn't have close to 22 oz it will not get cold

You need to check the pressures when the car is running and the AC on. There is a chart that you need to look at.

Now my advice to you is to evacuate all the freon in the system. Vacuum the system for 30 mins and make sure it holds the vacuum when the pump is turned off. If the needle doesn't drop to 0. You don't have any leaks. The. You can service it yourself or have a shop do it but they charge out the ass

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I installed the whole AC hardware in my car since it was fucked up and I serviced it myself. It took a lot of reading for me.
By jedrick
#344281 How do I vacuum the system and what do I need to do it?
By jedrick
#344283 First off I wanna thank you for your help , I really appreciate u taking the time to reply, I will
Get some gauges on Sunday and find out about the vacuum once again ty
By jedrick
#344585 Getting the vacumm pump and gauges today, any details or anything else I should specificly do in the process of vacumming the system?
By bigJOE671
#344589 Don't have the car running

Hook up the gauges and the vacuum pump to the gauges

Open high and low side valves

Vacuum for thirty minutes

The needle should read -29hg

Closed both valves before turning off pump

Let sit for 30 minutes

The reading needs to stay at -29hg...if not, you got a leak in the system. You would need to find it and fix it.

But if it does stay I suggest you fill the system with freon. Around 22oz should be good or look at the drier sight gauge and make sure it has no bubbles and clear. This would take around 20-30 while the car is running.

I gotta write a whole other paragraph on servicing for you though. I'm at work so I don't have the time
By jedrick
#344620 The drier doesn't have a sight glass is right behind the drivers side headlight right? Vaccuming now and its at 30 hg vac we will see if it holds the vacumm
By bigJOE671
jedrick wrote:The drier doesn't have a sight glass is right behind the drivers side headlight right? Vaccuming now and its at 30 hg vac we will see if it holds the vacumm

Oh I forgot some have it and some don't

Hopefully your system holds the vacuum
By jedrick
#344625 Low side says 83 and high side says 80 psi it did hold the vacuum
[/img]
By jedrick
#344627 I really don't know, I did find out my condenser fan ain't spining , wanna enlighten me? I also need to figure out off the compressor is working and how to test if the blower fan is working I think it is, cause the air blows try the vents, if you know what fuses all correspond to the ac system I would be in a good place that's all I know for now ask away and I can try to help with what I have seen.