Relating to the site
By jedrick
#344683 OK ty
By lalo
#344689 The fan should turn on even if the compressor is not running it activates with the ac switch. When I had my 4 door my ac compressor didn't work but when my car would start over heating I would turn on my ac switch to turn on the ac fan on and that would cool down my car.
By jedrick
#344691 What year was it? I have heard that some years both fans work as one
By lalo
#344695 My car was a 1995 civic and the ac fan only turned on when i pressed the ac switch on and pushed the knob for the fan inside the car on.
By jedrick
#344696 What color does the light on the inside fan button(for the ac to recirculate) light up for you lalo?
By lalo
jedrick wrote:What color does the light on the inside fan button(for the ac to recirculate) light up for you lalo?

It was green
By jedrick
#344701 Hmmm mine is yellow the one for outside air is green
By jedrick
#344872 Its coming along slow but steady , found out that overt half of my fuses are the wrong amperage for the specific spot so I'll be fixing that soon and I found why my fan wasn't coming on, it was a wire that is broken at the clip where it connects so when I fix that I'll check if the compressor is working properly and start all over......
By jedrick
#345026 OK so I fixed up the fan it comes on every time but still not getting cold what should I look at next? The valve that opens and close(for hot vs cold) its fine I can see the metal wire move under the hood opening and closing, it has freon, blower comes on, fan comes on idk what to check next
By jedrick
#345032 Close to 24 oz it didn't take the 2nd bottle completely and what do u mean exactly by introducing air in the system? When I put the freon in it said to purge the line but the gauges I had didn't seem to have that so I hooked the freon can to it let it come out for a few seconds the plug it to the low port to fill it.

How do I test if the compressor is working? What do I need to test it?
By bigJOE671
jedrick wrote:Close to 24 oz it didn't take the 2nd bottle completely and what do u mean exactly by introducing air in the system? When I put the freon in it said to purge the line but the gauges I had didn't seem to have that so I hooked the freon can to it let it come out for a few seconds the plug it to the low port to fill it.

you got to check if the clutch engages and spins the compressor. When its working you will see the high side pressure go up around 150-200 and the low side around 40
By bigJOE671
jedrick wrote:Close to 24 oz it didn't take the 2nd bottle completely and what do u mean exactly by introducing air in the system? When I put the freon in it said to purge the line but the gauges I had didn't seem to have that so I hooked the freon can to it let it come out for a few seconds the plug it to the low port to fill it.

you did the purge right and that's what i was talking about.

you got to check if the clutch engages and spins the compressor. When its working you will see the high side pressure go up around 150-200 and the low side around 40
By jedrick
#345225 If the pully on the compressor is spinning the belt, does that mean is working? Gonna get the gauges again soon waiting for them to get returned to autozone
By bigJOE671
jedrick wrote:If the pully on the compressor is spinning the belt, does that mean is working? Gonna get the gauges again soon waiting for them to get returned to autozone

The outer end of the compressor when not working won't be spinning with the belt. When on the outer end will move with the belt