Relating to the site

Civic EG5 D16Z6 vs. Mitsbubishi Eclipse 4G63

100%
N/A
By DirtyEye
#334105 I need your help guys!
I'll be selling my current EG with the reliable but slow D13b2 engine.
Now that I found a sweet EG with an VTEC engine which has a nice body color also, I thought to myself fuck it and sell my current one which is a bottomless pit anyhow.
Then I fell in love with the Mitsubishi Eclipse D30 1999 as well, 140hp fuel injection, no carburetor whooo lol

The Eclipse has more extras than the EG like airbags on both sides, abs, air conditioner, heated seats...

EG5 D16Z6

Eclipse

By teal_dx
#334109 That hatchback looks mint! If the eclipse was turbo, I might do it. 140 hp in an eclipse isn't going to be so quick- bigger car. Ask yourself if the extra options are worth it.
By DirtyEye
teal_dx wrote:That hatchback looks mint! If the eclipse was turbo, I might do it. 140 hp in an eclipse isn't going to be so quick- bigger car. Ask yourself if the extra options are worth it.

Question is which car has a better speed up, the EG weighs around 460lbs, the eclipse almost 600.
EG with VTEC D16Z6 with 125hp, the eclipse 140hp regular fuel injection.

I suppose that the EG with it's VTEC and lower weight has a better speed up or am I wrong? Is the D16Z6 engine a good one? I know the B16A2 is the way to go but almsot impossible to find and pricey as well.
I never had the chance to drive VTEC, how does it feel like?

Btw, price of the EG $3.700
eclipse $2.900
By FG2_Andrew
#334117 If it were me, I'd pass on both. EG looks ricey for $4k and DSMs are reliable at all. I'd save my $ and keep looking.
Last edited by FG2_Andrew on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
EH2_andy wrote:If it were me, I'd pass on both. EG looks ricey for $3k and DSMs are reliable at all. I'd save my $ and keep looking.

this right here man :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#334126 *edit. $4k

if you want to spend that much, i'm sure you can hold out for a B swapped, clean EG.
By Apexracing
#334221 Buy a ep3 R and call it a day.
By gtstripes
#334236 if i had a choice between the 2 i would say the EG (not bias hehe)

simply because it has good paint and wont take long to make it look good (remove rear lip, change rims and lower abit.. and tidy engine bay) then she will look a charm ;) * :woot: