Relating to the site
By teal_dx
#36898 I'm not trying to be a sig nazi here... but I'm noticing that a lot of sigs are getting larger and larger lately. We ask that signature sizes are kept to the requirements as a convenience to members viewing the site on low resolution monitors. I viewed the site on a low resolution 15" monitor a few weeks ago and noticed that sometimes I was doing more scrolling through sigs than reading.

Here are the guidelines for clarification on sig sizes:

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=13

6. Avatars & Signatures. Don't use ANY offensive material in these. Sigs should be no taller than 6 lines of text total. If you have an image, please make it no larger than 125 x 600 pixels. Please don't use these to advertise your business or company, unless you are a sponsor or vendor.

We're not gonna ban anyone over this, but if you continue to use a large sig, we'll PM you a reminder to this thread. If your sig is still too big after that, you'll lose it :hehe:

6 lines of text :

Or an image: (this one is 510x120 pixels, 600x125 is the max)

Or if you want an image and text, use an image that is not as tall: (image is 60 pixels high + 3 lines of text, for example)

If you have any questions, let us know here :)
Last edited by teal_dx on Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ChicagoMike
#36900 Shit Brian, have I been going overboard?? :?
By teal_dx
ChicagoMike wrote:Shit Brian, have I been going overboard?? :?

I wouldn't say overboard... :lol:

There's a few on here who have huge images as their sigs. This is aimed toward theirs. But at the same time if other people wanna shrink their sigs to fit the requirements, then that's cool too.

Don't stop what you're doing to change it asap. But next time you create a sig, if you make it not quite as tall to allow for a line or 2 of text below, you'll be setting a good example for everyone else :)
By ChicagoMike
#36905 No problem, lil bit smaller it is!! :woot:
By vtec_gloucester
#36959 is mine ok?

:?
By ChicagoMike
vtec_gloucester wrote:is mine ok?

Nope, way too tall.
By vtec_gloucester
#36968 what about now :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
vtec_gloucester wrote:what about now :thumb:

I like that one alot betteR!!! :woot:
By york62
ChicagoMike wrote:
vtec_gloucester wrote:is mine ok?

Nope, way too tall.

Exact same thing i thought.
By KRYSTED9354
#50800 how can i re-size my pictures ?? thanks
By vtec_gloucester
#50894 will sort it now...
By vtec_gloucester
#50895 muchos better :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#69471 I'm bringing this to the top of the forum because as of late the sigs seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Anyone that is rockin an oversized sig, please take the time to resize them, thanks. :thumb:

--Mike--
By ChicagoMike
#69541 TTT