Relating to the site
By sKizO
#306499 Hey all ,
Solid effort on the site/ forum was wondering if you guys (non sexist) had an iPhone app/ extension in the pipe line? Just a suggestion.

Cheers

Skizo :cheers:
By dbrooks
#307039 We actually do not! It would be cool, but costly, as well.

But I do know that the site is pretty accessible from Safari on an iPhone.

Good suggestion though and thanks for the positive comments about the forum!
By Ecc0
#307045 Is a very good suggestion but unsure what we would have on an app. As said the site is very accessible via safari on the iPhone and is my main way of logging and never had a problem.
By FG2_Andrew
#307054 From what I understand Tapatalk is free to use, bust costs $.99 to download.
By teal_dx
#307067 Tapatalk is the most likely to happen vs building an entire ap. however, this forum software does not support tapatalk, so I hope to upgrade the forum software this year. It word great in safari in iPhone but there's a lot of zooming in/out.
By FG2_Andrew
#321714 so, this forum software update? when's it happening? and do you need any help with cost?
By teal_dx
#321716 Have not had time to start yet... Lets say 2013 for sure :thumb:
There will be no or very little cost... I decided to stick with PHPBB3 instead of VB after reading about complaints people have with the new VB and talking with people who installed it & found it extremely difficult to go back after having continuous problems.
It's just about time. Also would like to move the site to a different server to separate it from 6th Gear Advertising's site (right now we piggy back on their bandwidth via a parked domain/subdomain)
By FG2_Andrew
#321718 awesome! i'm excited. i love updates haha.

i personally prefer phpbb3 over vb. you should create a thread on what the users would like to see with the new update!.. really get some feedback to help remove guess-work.
By Ecc0
#321760 I was talking with some of my mates about apps I'd like to see just the other day and an idea I had was an app that has all the service exploded diagrams all in one place that you could then use to find the part number of what you need.

I know this would be a massive project to undertake but think we already have most the info on the site in some place or another so would just mean pulling it all together.
By Aldo91
#330759 hey guys I wanted to get tapatalk to use when im on the go but if our forum is not on there no use in buying it :lol: so my question is, are we on tapatalk?
By FG2_Andrew
#330761 We are not.
By HaydenSI
teal_dx wrote:Have not had time to start yet... Lets say 2013 for sure :thumb:
There will be no or very little cost... I decided to stick with PHPBB3 instead of VB after reading about complaints people have with the new VB and talking with people who installed it & found it extremely difficult to go back after having continuous problems.
It's just about time. Also would like to move the site to a different server to separate it from 6th Gear Advertising's site (right now we piggy back on their bandwidth via a parked domain/subdomain)

When you decide to check out new hosting compaies you should look into JustHost. They are fairly cheap and in the 3 years I have had them I have only had one period of downtime (15 minutes). they use CPanel so it's SUPER easy to use.

As for VB It sucks. I moderate a honda forum using VB and it SUCKS. especially the Mod/Admin Panel.

If I'm not mistaken though PHPBB3 has a "mobile theme" with a mobile Auto Detect That only shows the mobile theme when someone is on mobile.