Relating to the site
By FG2_Andrew
#271579 i was wondering if anyone else had interest in making the profiles a little more detailed.

with last login info, maybe a friends list, and what about a garage?

i think it'd be cool to have a little bit of networking within C-EG.. maybe that's too much to ask? idk, i'm not a coding/forumer wizz.

Cheers, C-EG staff.
By Chance
#271584 We use to have the Garage feature.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:01 pm
teal_dx wrote:The Garage is being phased out.
I don't want people to lose the time they put into adding vehicles.
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=8856
More info in that link :thumb:

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:33 pm
teal_dx wrote:The Garage has been disabled because it was getting buggy
Eventually when we outgrow this forum, we'll be switching to different forum software and everything in the garage will be lost. So It has been disabled so people don't invest time into something that will be gone.
By Wicked
#271587 Will it be reimplemented later? I still think its a good idea independent of a build thread, because those can get long and cluttered after a while. It would be nice to have a specific spot where your build (current) can be found with the mods and whatnot on it without having to sort through old comments and pictures.
By teal_dx
#271621 WHen the time comes to leave PHPBB, it will be nice to have all of those things :thumb:

The garage was problematic. We had a quick reply at one time and it cause all kinds of problems too. I learned the hard way that a 100% properly functioning forum was better than a forum that was not working properly while having some bells & whistles.
Civic-EG.com went through a real rough patch for a year or so with technical problems. The last couple of years have been smooth though.

It sounds like you're also on a vBulletin forum somewhere, those are all features they offer. That's the software I'd like to use eventually.

As for an organized build thread, it is what you make it. Check mine for example (link in sig). Some members build them like that to make it easier to navigate. :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#271957 teal, your build thread is dope. it's easy to navigate - too bad others don't know what punctuation and navigation are haha!

but i'm a fan of vbulletin forums.. if they are done right. but i'd be all about helping fund an upgrade (when the time is right and i'm sure others would too).

but that was just a thought. <3 this forum