Relating to the site
By Ajax1989
#264609 Hey guys n gals, I'm trying to set up a Paypal account.

now my question is, What if i send "cheif stinky butt of the no wiping tribe" money for a part and he doesnt send me the part, Am I asses out or what?

I'm really nervous about buying anything over the internet, let alone some person i never met, states away. and I have a real big trust issue.

So if anyone can ezzz my mind that would be great and also give the walk around about Paypal, and how to use it.

Sorry Teal, or Chrono or anyother mod, I assume this is in the wrong section, bein it has nothing to do with the site, I just didnt know where to post it, and I'd prob get more legit answers here, bein the junkyard is alot of bullshitin.

Thanks
Aj
By kingjmack
#264652 Hey guys n gals, I'm trying to set up a Paypal account.

now my question is, What if i send "cheif stinky butt of the no wiping tribe" money for a part and he doesnt send me the part, Am I asses out or what?
Paypal does have a dispute system in place. I've been fortunate and only had to use it once. The only thing that sucks is they will tell you to wait a few weeks to a month before filing a dispute. They then contact the seller and get the other side of the story. If they decide you get a refund, the sellers paypal account has to have money in it for them to give it back to you. I've been using paypal for years and no problems. One of the things you can look at is the sellers feedback to see if its mostly positive or negative.

I'm really nervous about buying anything over the internet, let alone some person i never met, states away. and I have a real big trust issue.
it's definately a trusting thing to do. I've lost a little money over the years buying stuff off the internet, but nothing major. If im going to spend alot of money, and can't buy it local, then I will drive to where the item is at as long as its not more than a few hours away. I'f im not shopping on ebay, then i'll use a credit card for online purchases so if the item is lost or stolen, I can file a claim with my credit card company

So if anyone can ezzz my mind that would be great and also give the walk around about Paypal, and how to use it.
A paypal account needs to be set-up a few days to a week before you buy anything using it if you are funding from your bank account. You could also have a seperate account to only use with paypal so if someone trys to get into it, there will only be the monies that you were going to use to buy ur items and not your bill money. Once you register witl paypal, they will make two small deposits (usually under 10 cents) into your bank account. Once you see those amounts, then you log back onto paypal and type those amounts in to confirm that your banking information is correct. It's been a while, but I think you have to register a credit card to confrim your shipping/billing address, but don't quote me on that.

After that, the process is not hard. I only use paypal on ebay anymore, so when I confim to buy something from there, it will ask mw to "pay now", click that, and usually you will only have to enter your login info for paypal and it fills in the rest of the stuff automatically and everything is all good.

BE VERY SUSPICIOUS of any emails that you get out of the blue from paypal. You will get a confirmation of payment email right after you buy the item, and maybe a confirmation of shipment item when the item is shipped. Let's say you haven't bought anything lately and you get an email from paypal saying your statement is ready, or you need to update your login information. BE VERY SUSPICIOUS OF THOSE TYPES OF EMAILS. They will usually ask you to click on a link to go to paypal for whatever reason. When you place your curser over the link, the url should show at the bottom of your computer screen. Or you could click on the link and look at the URL in the address bar. IF IT DOESN'T START WITH "https://www.paypal.com" be very afraid. Some links will send you to a paypal look-a-like site and once you enter your login, they have your info and can access your account. I'm not sure if paypal randomly sends out emails, so maybe someone else can confirm this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Aj