Relating to the site
By Jr_DSantos
#260816 Now iv heard of a few techniques that can make driveing standard a little more fun and better like hard launches, Heel and toe, rev match, double clutch, clutchless shifting, and brake boosting, are there eany othere techniques that can make my drive to work a little more fun? :thumb: :twisted:
By dawg316
#261458 ........... granny shifting :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
dawg316 wrote:........... granny shifting :thumb:

me and my friends call it put puttin :lol:

I also call it 45mpg
By dbrooks
#261911 Well, you won't ever need to double clutch, unless you're driving a car without synchros.

Brake boosting is kind of a cool technique. Here's a how to on brake boosting.

- ensure vacuum connections are all secured
- find a long deserted stretch of "private" road...like those found in mexico
- find a speed you are comfotable with say 40,50 or 60 mph.
- while holding your right foot steady at the speed desired with your left foot lightly press the brake pedal. At the same time ensure that you arent slowing yourself down by gently applying more pressure on the gas pedal essentially balancing the effect of you left foot braking. You can now look over and see the car is building boost, try not to over do it because too much brake boost will cause either a charge pipe to blow off or your vacuum lines.
-once you reach desired boost level while holding your speed wait for your mark (if you are roll racing i guess that would be your 3rd beep or if you are practicing just give yourself 3 beeps then go)
- practice practice practice
By Jr_DSantos
dbrooks wrote:Well, you won't ever need to double clutch, unless you're driving a car without synchros.

Brake boosting is kind of a cool technique. Here's a how to on brake boosting.

- ensure vacuum connections are all secured
- find a long deserted stretch of "private" road...like those found in mexico
- find a speed you are comfotable with say 40,50 or 60 mph.
- while holding your right foot steady at the speed desired with your left foot lightly press the brake pedal. At the same time ensure that you arent slowing yourself down by gently applying more pressure on the gas pedal essentially balancing the effect of you left foot braking. You can now look over and see the car is building boost, try not to over do it because too much brake boost will cause either a charge pipe to blow off or your vacuum lines.
-once you reach desired boost level while holding your speed wait for your mark (if you are roll racing i guess that would be your 3rd beep or if you are practicing just give yourself 3 beeps then go)
- practice practice practice

Wish my eg was boosted so i could give that a try :pray:
By eg-guy
#264801 clutchless shifting is kinda hard, i can only do it shifting from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd. any advice to get the rest of the gears down?
By TrailerTrash
scrape n pavement wrote:clutchless shifting is kinda hard, i can only do it shifting from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd. any advice to get the rest of the gears down?

try it at lower rpms and higher rpms. with my old DX tranny and oem clutch I could do it every shift from 1st to 5th. 1st to 2nd requires reving to almost 3k then shifting 2nd to 3rd is roughly 2200-2500k then 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th were really low like 1500. practice practice practice!

While were on the subject I've heard clutchless shifting can be very bad for tranny parts? :?
By poorman type-r
#264900 Power shifting is fun at times. It's when you shift without taking your foot off the gas and you slam the gears quick. Best way i have noticed is to shift about 200-300 before your redline. So say you redline at 9k, then shift at 8700.
By ghskid06
#264909 Now power shifting is bad for your car.
By mr67volks
TrailerTrash wrote:
scrape n pavement wrote:clutchless shifting is kinda hard, i can only do it shifting from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd. any advice to get the rest of the gears down?

try it at lower rpms and higher rpms. with my old DX tranny and oem clutch I could do it every shift from 1st to 5th. 1st to 2nd requires reving to almost 3k then shifting 2nd to 3rd is roughly 2200-2500k then 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th were really low like 1500. practice practice practice!

While were on the subject I've heard clutchless shifting can be very bad for tranny parts? :?

it can be if you grind it till you find it cuz all your doinf is grinding the syncro and tearing down the syncro lining that slows down a gear so you can shift smoother when you use the clutch , i personally only use it when i break a cluch cable or blow a clutch htdro line or break a clutch fork , so i can get it home , i once drag raced a friend in my old bug and won woth out a clutch but that was cuz he kept egging me on and he couldnt hear me say " I HAVE NO CLUTCH !!!" over my engine and open exhaust lol
By poorman type-r
ghskid06 wrote:Now power shifting is bad for your car.

Haha you definitely smell your burnt clutch afterwards that's for sure.