Relating to the site
By eg-guy
#257140 ive looked at alot of peoples threads and whatnot some are deep with replys others are not, why such a slow pace? if u look at views versus replys its rediculous how many people just dont say their opinion or anything at all. I know spam can be an issure as can flaming people(no flaming on this site of coarse) and you know people have their own shizzle to deal with on the daily grind and blada blada blada but for such an informative and cooperative site its too slow. Thats the only thing that i dislike about civic eg. Personally i get bored and just wanna bs around a little without having to leave my house, what gives?
By That One Dude
#257187 Download Google Chrome. I did this morning and every site I go to loads WAY faster.
By Flatland_EG
#257199 I don't think he means load times. :)
It's late spring with summer just around the corner, people are out and about doing things and when the weather is nice people are usually out late doing whatever. I noticed there aren't near as many posts now as there were a few months back but that's just typical with most forums this time of year. People want to be out doing things and not sitting in front of the computer, come late fall and winter things will pick up again. 8)
By teal_dx
#257337 I just checked the stats:
Unique visitors
Jan 2011 42444
Feb 2011 41119
Mar 2011 45227
Apr 2011 42286
May 2011 38791

So May is down a little but that's because there's still a couple of days this month. March was a little higher than average.

As mentioned above, a summer slow down is typical because more people are enjoying the outdoors instead of sitting at their computer. I see it on a lot of sites this time of year.
By ImThaBean
#257341 Not to mention graduations and finals this month.
By poorman type-r
#257345 Yeah and also I am on almost everyday just reading up on posts. I don't always post on them because I sometimes don't have an opinion and I am just researching. Which I'm guessing most people do, which is what this site is best at. You ALWAYS get an answer/opinion without any trash talking or childish arguing.

By far my favorite site on the internet. :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#257349 ^ agreed

i try to get on a daily basis, but sometime i work OT and cant make it
but no matter how "slow" it is, or whatever, you'll always get help

and when it come to the build threads, some people whine that no one comments, well post pics, alot of pics and detailed discription and your gonna get more hits, instead of sayin update and wat you did.. pics do more talking then words imho

but i think the site is fine, the people that help are on daily or everyother day and most of them can answer all questions and then some cant answer
By eg-guy
#257625 I understand, i guess i just like peoples builds and positive comments and whatnot but when it comes to pics i only have a certain amount of space on imageshack. Which i just took care of to post up more pics. But i love the site regardless thanks for all the input it really answered my question/s and put things in perspective for me. :thumb:
By bcsi
#257662 I only comment on some stuff. I fell like im trolling the site if i post on every thing i read. But this is a realy good site, and alot of cool people. Hell i got almost 2,000 views on my build but only got like 90 comments but i dont care i just like the fact people are looking at what im building. :woot:
By andrew2siik
#257680 this site will be slower than Honda-Tech, Club(insert model).com, and Club EG6..

this site is much more "underground" and alot fewer post whores here.

and this isn't a 92-00 forum, it's 92-95. kinda narrows the playing field. granted there are alot more eg owners out there, but that's what gives this site it's personal flavor.

it's a double-edged sword none-the-less. on one hand, you have less haters and it's alot more personal. on the other, you don't see as much activity.
By teal_dx
#257718 Exactly... this forum has fewer posts, but there are less useless and hater posts to sort through than the busier sites. I'd much rather have less content and have it be good content :thumb:
By Chance
teal_dx wrote:Exactly... this forum has fewer posts, but there are less useless and hater posts to sort through than the busier sites. I'd much rather have less content and have it be good content :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: