Relating to the site
By andrew2siik
#255570 i was wondering, if there's a possibility of us getting a more updated profile design. i'd like to be able to add contacts and friends but either i'm not looking at the site correctly or we just don't have it?

<3 CEG
By teal_dx
#255575 You're right, the PHPBB forum software we are using doesn't have that feature.
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as updating the profile, but revamping the entire forum software.
By andrew2siik
#255606 ah gotcha! are there any future plans or doing that? if not, is that due to funding or just keeping it "underground" (for lack of a better term).

i've been creeping this site for a long while and am just curious is all..
By teal_dx
#255611 It mostly has to do with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
We've worked to get all the bugs and problems on this site worked out and things are finally going smoothly for the past year or so.
So, eventually we'll outgrow this software and try something else but for now I don't want to end our trouble-free streak.

Kind of like I'm the guy who drives an older, well maintained & reliable car for a long time instead of someone who trades in for a new car every couple years and has to re-learn the new features and deal with new glitches & bugs. :)
By 1ACarlos
#255613 Regardless welcome to the site
By Chance
teal_dx wrote:Kind of like I'm the guy who drives an older, well maintained & reliable car for a long time instead of someone who trades in for a new car every couple years and has to re-learn the new features and deal with new glitches & bugs. :)

Well put sir. I like the cut of your jib!