Relating to the site
By Sincere
#224057 I want to be in the 300-350whp range that will pretty much let me spank alot of cars in washington we have a couple of cats with K20s modded but i want to be able to beat majority of people around town an at the track. Dont want a full blown race car just something fast and can take turns

Also if I go the B18B or B20B route what is the best tranny for the swap and how much will it cost me
By Ajax1989
#224059 id stick wit the ls trans if ur gonna boost imo
By Sincere
#224063 ok cool
By Carfanatic
#224065 NE0N!!!11!!1!!!!! :x
By asianrob
94_jdm_ferio wrote:id stick wit the ls trans if ur gonna boost imo

if you go boost man GSR trans would be ideal. LS trans is really long. IMO perfect for highway and street.
By Ajax1989
asianrob wrote:

if you go boost man GSR trans would be ideal. LS trans is really long. IMO perfect for highway and street.

ya but if the longer gears means u stay in boost longer??
this is wat ive herd, so thats wat i was goin off
By asianrob
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
asianrob wrote:

true but if your in boost longer you could potentially put too much stress on the walls or even loose power.
By chrono404
asianrob wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
asianrob wrote:

true but if your in boost longer you could potentially put too much stress on the walls or even loose power.

If your in Boost longer that means the engine isn't reving as quickly meaning that the car is slower then am engine that revved quicker.

Sure your seeing higher boost levels, however unless you are getting lots of wheel spin on a GSR Tranny with good tires then their is no reason to go with a LS Tranny.

I personally think that keeping a LS Tranny is for Dyno Whores(Or possibly a Touring Car). Its good to get big Numbers to post online and tell your friends becouse you stay in boost longer. Horsepower alone doesn't tell you how fast something will be. Thats why a B20(140ish hp) with a b16 tranny will smoke a b16(170hp). Or heck why the B20 with B16 tranny beats GSR swapped lighter EG's.

The Only reason to go to a Higher geared transmission in a Dedicated Performance car is if you have to much wheel spin even with sticky tires.

If you want to make higher horsepower numbers to show off to everyone, by all means get a LS Transmission. If you want to make a Touring Car(Tons of highspeed crusing, normally going over freeways/expressways) a LS Transmission makes since as well.
By TrailerTrash
chrono404 wrote:
asianrob wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
asianrob wrote:

If your in Boost longer that means the engine isn't reving as quickly meaning that the car is slower then am engine that revved quicker.

Sure your seeing higher boost levels, however unless you are getting lots of wheel spin on a GSR Tranny with good tires then their is no reason to go with a LS Tranny.

I personally think that keeping a LS Tranny is for Dyno Whores(Or possibly a Touring Car). Its good to get big Numbers to post online and tell your friends becouse you stay in boost longer. Horsepower alone doesn't tell you how fast something will be. Thats why a B20(140ish hp) with a b16 tranny will smoke a b16(170hp). Or heck why the B20 with B16 tranny beats GSR swapped lighter EG's.

The Only reason to go to a Higher geared transmission in a Dedicated Performance car is if you have to much wheel spin even with sticky tires.

If you want to make higher horsepower numbers to show off to everyone, by all means get a LS Transmission. If you want to make a Touring Car(Tons of highspeed crusing, normally going over freeways/expressways) a LS Transmission makes since as well.

well said. but it may be too late to save this thread
By Sincere
#224176 Lol theres no need to save the thread just got alot of people sharing opinions its good knowledge to hear it from all prospectives i think. Im new to the frankenstein motors and im taking everything in (thats not what she said) lol so i like getting advice and knowledge from fellow eg-ers
By Gustavo
#224181 Sorry 2 butt in...so can a ls/vtec wit a b16 tranny beat a stock jdm b16a wit a lsd b16 tranny? Would a b16 be a good tranny for a ls/vtec? :?
By chrono404
Gustavo wrote:Sorry 2 butt in...so can a ls/vtec wit a b16 tranny beat a stock jdm b16a wit a lsd b16 tranny? Would a b16 be a good tranny for a ls/vtec? :?

This topic is totally off where it started. When you have a post different from the subject make a new post where it belongs(like this in the B Series section) Any more Questions like this should be asked in their correct spots.

To answer your question. a Bone Stock B18b with a b16 Tranny can beat a JDM B16 With Bolt ons and a LSD Transmission assuming both drivers are worth their salt.

A Built(or heck with bolt ons) LS, or LS/VTEC in case of question would be even faster yet.
By d-mon
#224272 people commonly choose vtec head for 'boost' s because they have bigger ports, and have more performance cam options (than non-vtec motors).
other than that, there is no real reason not to 'boost' a non-vtec motor.