Relating to the site
By teal_dx
#208352 If anybody has had any issues in the past week, can you please let me know exactly what happened in detail?

Some of the things I am trying to figure out is a problem that is causing the list of posts in the Recent Post list to refresh & clear after only reading a few from the list.

Also if anyone has had a problem staying logged in, please let me know what happened in detail.

One more thing is if you are replying to a post and you got an "End of Session" error when hitting submit, please let me know the details when that happened too.

I've had a few of each of these happen to me in the past week and want to figure out if it is happening to anyone else.

By Method
#208364 it has happened to me a bunch of times. i figured it was just my computer.
i always use the "view posts since last visit" function. before i would click on a thread it opens fine, i hit the back button, usually happens if there is more then 1 page. when i click the 2nd page sometimes it says that there is no more posts to view. now i just use the 3rd mouse button and open up each thread in a separate tab.

with the log in issue, i always have set to keep me logged in. every once and awhile i will come back to civic-eg and im logged out, and i haven't cleared any of my cache or history when this happened.
By Dippin_EG
#208366 i go to refresh the 'view posts since last visit' and it works fine for a few times, then it logged me out... i had to go through each sub-forum to find posts :(
By Dippin_EG
Method wrote:with the log in issue, i always have set to keep me logged in. every once and awhile i will come back to civic-eg and im logged out, and i haven't cleared any of my cache or history when this happened.

this for me as well
By teal_dx
#208381 And did this all start happening about a week ago?

For me it used to happen once in a great while, like maybe every couple months which is no big deal.
But has it been worse in the last week would you all say?
By Chance
#209826 No issues for me in Aug at all. :?
By Dippin_EG
#209872 it never happened to me until quite recently
By 92civic_vx
#210018 a few days ago i had problems staying logged in i thought at first that it was my computer so i cleared out the cookies and rebooted it. hasnt happened since :? i have not had any problems with viewing posts, but i do keep getting an error anytime i try to go to the garage page. :?
By teal_dx
#210617 I've been working with the host & server and apparently we are starting to outgrow our current hosting plan... already :lol:
I've tried some thing in the meantime to see if I can prevent these bugs from happening. Please let me know of any other issues :thumb:
By Method
#214077 today i had to re-log in twice, i always have it checked to stay logged in. both times were in the afternoon.
By Method
#216736 last night, i had to re-log in. I had just visited the site, came back 10-15 min later and i had to re-log in. Same with this morning, checked it when i got to work at 7, and 3 hours later at break i had to log back in.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#216802 Just to add to this, the only thing i have encountered is posts not being marked read after i either read them or posted in them.

I have seen this happen on a couple of my PHPBB boards before and it had to do with the caching of the sessions via PHP that PHPBB did to help performance of the system.

But it was sorted as of a couple versions ago last i looked :?