Relating to the site
By LaMbErT*
#171732 got another one :( from LadyXAdmin

tis getting annoying now i hate spam lol
By egsedanguy
LaMbErT* wrote:got another one :( from LadyXAdmin

tis getting annoying now i hate spam lol

haha. sorry but its kinda funny. but it is getting re-dick-u-less. Its like pokemon. gotta catch em all. haha
By Hellsent
#171903 Got one from: LadyrootFiX

Dear, Hellsent!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: antivirus .effectmeds
----------------------------------------------------
Sincerely, Forum Administration civic.
By Aztec Adobe
Hellsent wrote:Got one from: LadyrootFiX

Dear, Hellsent!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: antivirus .effectmeds
Sincerely, Forum Administration civic.

I just got the same PM, from the same username.
By ChicagoMike
#171906 LadyrootFiX -----> B A N N E D

:thumb:
By Quence
asianrob wrote:
AdminLady wrote:Dear, asianrob!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/asianrob
Sincerely, Forum Administration civic-eg.com.

got this shit too...

i just got that same msg like 10 mints ago, from "LadyrootFiX"
By teal_dx
#172004 StopAdmin just spam PM'd me.
At first I was deleting the spam accounts, but I noticed that one joined back up with the exact same name. So now I'm just de-activating the account so they can't log in.

I'm going to make the registration process more strict tonight by making the code case sensitive. Real users will have a harder time registering with this on, but this means the ones who do complete registration will have been dedicated to joining the site :thumb:
By flyinryan122
#172017 spammer=StopAdmin.

I got a few spammer emails today.

EDIT:OOPS didn't notice you posted that one lol
By Dippin_EG
#172018 im glad im not getting any of these. Do you know if they are targeting people or are they at random?
By Dippin_EG
#172034 The only reason i ask is because it seems like LaMbErT and a few others have had more than one. I guess theres too many members for it to be targeted on a select few.
By ohDirka
#172176 wow I was just looking through the spam logs and there are about 100 or so that have tried today alone by just using brute force. I think the tighter restrictions have helped control the spam.
By teal_dx
#172183 It's insane how many spammers try to get in this site on a daily basis.

For example I just looked at Jan 25th and there was about 320 attempts in the spam log, Just from one day :shock: That's spam bots who try to register but couldn't get through. Every once in a while one gets through, but then they can't post because members can't post links until their second post.
So now it looks like spam bots are PM'ing... nice loophole

So a couple getting by doesn't surprise me, but now that things are even more strict let's see what happens :wink: