Relating to the site
By teal_dx
#140068 Image
WE WANT YOU!

From time to time, we like to bring new moderators on board to replace older ones who no longer have time to spend on the forums.

Normally, we tap someone on the shoulder that we have had our eye on and ask them if they want to join the team. That has worked well, but we're going to try something new this time! We're going to let you have the chance to become a moderator.

What exactly does a Moderator do?
A moderator helps us with small and medium problems such as:
- moving topics posted in the wrong section
- locking topics that get out of hand or are inappropriate
- moving any spam topics to the 'archives'
- reminding noobs of the rules & guidelines when not followed, for example sig sizes
- report any bad postings in the moderator forum backstage

A moderator should spend time on the site daily if possible.
A moderator offers helpful advice and does not bash or flame other members.

The requirements for the contest are:
- Must have been a member on the forum since Jan 1, 2009 or longer.
- Must have 500 or more posts
- Refer legitimate members to the site; obviously the more the better.
- Show a creative way to spread word of the site and show your civic-eg enthusiasm. Be original, you can do this in different ways, as many times as you like- the more the better. Do not do anything with bad taste or illegal!
- Write a DIY how-to, you can create as many as you want. Number of DIY articles, ease of reading, pictures and subject will all be taken into consideration. Images and text must be your own.

Only post once in this thread. Update your accomplishments & requirements by editing your existing thread to add stats, new members, links, images etc.

The contest will end on September 30, 2009 (our 3 year anniversary!)
If you are all slacking, an extension may be given or we might not pick any of you :P

To keep this thread clean, only post in this thread if you are interested!

Thanks for playing Who wants tp be a Civic-EG Moderator!
Last edited by teal_dx on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chrono404
#140302 Not sure what you want us to post here exactly, But I will give it a shot.

- Must have been a member on the forum since Jan 1, 2009 or longer. Image
Jan 14th of 2008
- Must have 500 or more posts Image
1714 At time of Post. Almost all of them are not Random spam, but useful posts.

I have referred quite a few of my Friends who drive civics to this site. Especially EG's. However they are all lazy beyond belief and wont post anything on the site. So I am not sure if that actually counts.

- Show a creative way to spread word of the site and show your civic-eg enthusiasm. Be original, you can do this in different ways, as many times as you like- the more the better. Do not do anything with bad taste or illegal!
When I meet new people who have 92-95 Civics, I always mention the site. One time I saw an orange EG that was in front of me pull into a Gas station to get Gas. I pulled in as well and talked to him about Honds for a good 20mins or so. I mentioned the Site and he joined up, Agian he has yet to post anything on here but he loves all of our DIY Articles. He is also now a friend of mine.

I also have Civic-EG Stickers on my Sedan. Kinda Pointless as at time of posting It doesn't Run. However It will be my Main Daily When Its running. It will be parked in a high visibility area at a Busy Computer store that I work at.

- Write a DIY how-to, you can create as many as you want. Number of DIY articles, ease of reading, pictures and subject will all be taken into consideration. Images and text must be your own. Image
Transmission Rebuilding and You!
Troubleshooting Manual Transmission Problems
DIY Amber Corners

If I become a Moderator I will do my part to keep Civic-EG The Clean awesome Resource that it is. I have not found many other Sites that are this nice or Informative.
By Vti93T
#140306 I've done all of that except the diy's..still kinda working on that part :(
By Chance
#140360 The requirements for the contest are:

- Must have been a member on the forum since Jan 1, 2009 or longer.
DONE

- Must have 500 or more posts
DONE and DONE

I've referred people to the site since 07..

I stickied a thread on another forum recruiting members when i first joined.. didnt go over well with the admin hahahaha no longer a sticky on that site

- Write a DIY how-to, you can create as many as you want. Number of DIY articles, ease of reading, pictures and subject will all be taken into consideration. Images and text must be your own.
DIY thread *CLICK HERE*

8) :wink:

I vote chrono though!!
By Gorveatt
#142138 I'm interested

wait.... oh yeah, n/m :whistle:
By suspendedHatch
#142231 Owning a Civic isn't a requirement? Ah, then I think I'm qualified.

All joking aside, I'd be up to it if you need the help. You know I can be quite stubborn and tactless though.

As for creative promotion, I used to have your banner at the bottom of every page on my website, but apparently it stopped working and I don't know why. Stupid Javascript.
By Chance
DREW-EG93 wrote:that sounds like a good deal

:eh: Observe......
teal_dx wrote:Good reading :wink:

teal_dx wrote:To keep this thread clean, only post in this thread if you are interested!