Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By Mr Rattles
#355272 Anybody else here addicted to these?

A while ago my buddy suggested I try out the junkyards.
I can't believe what people throw away. I try go there once a week and every time I am shocked. Perfectly good tools and cabinets,bicycles,rims etc. Basically you pick something off the heep then pay according to its weight.

My new favourite place hehe
By TrailerTrash
#355281 places around here dont let you shop like that.

last time i was there i was an old school Warn winch bumper. one of the really nice chrome diamond plate step bumpers for the front of an old pickup. still had the original paper Warn sticker on the side.

i asked and they said no. and it was too big to get a five finger discount :x :x :x
By Mr Rattles
TrailerTrash wrote:places around here dont let you shop like that.

last time i was there i was an old school Warn winch bumper. one of the really nice chrome diamond plate step bumpers for the front of an old pickup. still had the original paper Warn sticker on the side.

i asked and they said no. and it was too big to get a five finger discount :x :x :x

Bro shop around. There are a few places here like that as well that don't let you look through the dump. Hehe the guy that actually manages this 1 place taught me about the 5 finger discount lol
By teal_dx
#355319 A friend doesn't have trash service, so he goes to the dump every few weeks. He has come back with some amazing things. Complete socket set, golf clubs, some really old huge brass pots... He's always sending me pics of his finds and I want to go with him.
I've gone to my local scrap yard and there's usually not too much there. If there is, they know it and it's gonna cost ya.
By Mr Rattles
#355322 Wow I'd love to find a complete socket set. I bought 4 golf clubs already for less than R10 which is like $1 for you guys.the say it doesn't matter if it's a Toyota or Bmw. It's worth its weight. Going again tomorrow:) it's the only place I know a guy can go with little money and come home with tons of use able treasures