Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By juls1488
TrailerTrash wrote:
Leppy wrote:...I believe half the FB crowd doesn't even realize there IS a forum...

this seems like a very real possibility

also who slams their civic? :?:
lol

lol no idea who does that.
and judging by some of the comments on the facebook page when i tell them the forum has more info, they really dont know it exists.
By Leppy
#349398 I smell a forum recognition campaign coming on!
By brandoff88
#349437 I think a lot of it has to do with ease of access since they are on fb anyway, ill be honest too, when in the process of switching everything around a few months ago I had issues trying to update my build threads and uploading pics, gave up and didn't come back for a while, but it seems brian and everyone else got things going smooth. on that note it is a lot easier to post pics of your stuff to fb, BUT a lot of misinformed knowledge and wrong information being thrown around, in short I use fb to browse cool pics and random things, and forum for tech related info and whatnot.
By jred
#349467 Could post DIY and other useful threads on facebook, but in the form of links to the forum :? :?
So in order to view it they automatically goes to the web site when they click, sorta like what Speedhunters and TopGear UK does on facebook :thumb:
By jefferydclark
#349468 slamming cars is the craze because of the ease of it.. the properly slammed cars always stand out in the crowd because they are generally a lot nicer... if slammed ricer cars is what it takes to keep people in old Hondas then so be it! :)
By Chance
#350305 I'll take the blame for low forum activity. :wink:
By Chance
#350306 I would suggest trying to limit the access of the forum to guests that arent logged in. It would make them create an account and possibly get them to be active on the site.

"In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 32 Guests"

yoshi06 wrote:First post I have been a fan of this site for the diy but I was never a member.

I decided to join look out for my ride thread

Maybe only have a mock version of the site available... showing what we offer but not allowing you to view the threads until you've created an account.

FlopUrDonk wrote:Been lurking for a few months. Finally joined and....... Bought my first eG on Thursday.
By ohDirka
Chance wrote:I would suggest trying to limit the access of the forum to guests that arent logged in. It would make them create an account and possibly get them to be active on the site.

"In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 32 Guests"

yoshi06 wrote:First post I have been a fan of this site for the diy but I was never a member.

I decided to join look out for my ride thread

Maybe only have a mock version of the site available... showing what we offer but not allowing you to view the threads until you've created an account.

FlopUrDonk wrote:Been lurking for a few months. Finally joined and....... Bought my first eG on Thursday.

Here's the problem with that. If you look up those IP addresses of the "Guest" most of them are Google. Meaning that it is showing up in a Google search. If you limit that access then you prevent this site showing up in the results when someone is looking for something.
By Chance
#350355 i tried :(