Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By teal_dx
#347454 I'm almost 36 and I feel like my hearing has been going down hill the last few+ years.
I had surgery on my right ear drum when I was like 1 or 2 yrs old. It has never quite been quite as crisp as the left.

In my teens & early 20's I was into sound systems and looking back, was a dumbass for driving around with bass rattling my car, not thinking it would harm my hearing one day. Then add some concerts in my 20's plus loud bars/clubs and then shooting guns... a couple yrs ago I noticed that I had a constant ringing in my ears. Kind of like that ring you have for a day or so after a loud concert but it doesn't go away. It's noticeable in a quiet room, otherwise I don't really notice it unless I think about it. Then I can hear it some and the more I listen for it, the more I can hear it. My right ear in general has been getting worse for the last ~10 years. Now when something is too loud, it sounds like an awful ripping/distortion noise and when it gets really loud, actually cuts out the sound and begins to feel physically irritating.

I know hearing damage is not repairable so I quit going to concerts in my late 20's and quit going out to loud bars/clubs about when I hit 30. Slowly I have been wearing ear plugs more- now even when using air tools, welding, or mowing the yard.

Anyone else experience anything like this? I'm feeling like an old man with this :lol: I just hope it doesn't continue to get worse :|
By Leppy
#347456 I'm almost 32, and my ears are bad too. Loud music, sound systems when I was young, working in the military around loud drills and generators, shooting guns, etc, all didn't help at all! lol

I get the ringing in my ears if the room is dead quiet, and sometimes at seemingly random, my ears do what I call a reboot. I loose hearing in my right ear and it rings loud, then fades out and my hearing fades back in within the minute.