Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By teal_dx
#346156 ... for my daughter :D
I was out with my truck last summer and saw this little beast on the curb. It was filthy and the battery was dead without the charger so I put it in my truck and brought it home.

I did some research and it's one of the better jeep power wheels with a 2" factory lift and 14" wheels. Also it's 12v, not one of the slow 6v models.

So I ordered a higher rated battery from an electric scooter since the oem batteries just don't last. Then I power washed it, took it all apart and washed it again, steel wool'd the surface and painted it.

The best thing about working on this is there's NO RUST because the body is all plastic :woot:
By Leppy
#346157 That's pretty bad ass. Sweet work, the colors are awesome.

I love restoring junk and giving it a new lease on life!
By TrailerTrash
#346160 wow thats pretty awesome dude :thumb:
By #ROBIN#
#346169 :shock: wow i love resto's

on the wing mirrors/exterior mirrors maybe buy some chrome vinyl and trim it to shape and stick it in there.

and print a cool dash cluster whiel you at it :thumb:

well done :woot:
By teal_dx
#347482 That's the plan, Robin :thumb:
I already have a vector gauge set from a project I did years ago. I just need to get it printed and find some chrome sticker for mirrors.

I'd really like to put some LED's in the lights, hooked up to a switch. I don't think that would do much to the battery. Then she could drive around the yard at night. 8)
By #ROBIN#
teal_dx wrote:That's the plan, Robin :thumb:
I already have a vector gauge set from a project I did years ago. I just need to get it printed and find some chrome sticker for mirrors.

I'd really like to put some LED's in the lights, hooked up to a switch. I don't think that would do much to the battery. Then she could drive around the yard at night. 8)

Led lights sounds amazing, should not drain much current at all.

chrome sticker could be found from guys who wrap cars or printing shops (well over in South Africa its easy to come by, so im sure over there aswell :? )

Cant wait to see the dash cluster design. make a nice trailer for it so your Daughter can haul your leaves/grass/junk around :D

want a kid just to do this for him/her... :oops:
By FG2_Andrew
#347882 ^ x2 on wanting a kid so i can mod a power wheel haha

and a small trailer or wagon would be cool. have you looked into cutting bike tires for real tread and battery mods, Brian?
By teal_dx
#347884 I saw a guy cut the tread from a lawn tractor tire and put it over the plastic wheel. Haven't seen one done with bike tires yet though.

No battery upgrade... this thing is already fast in high gear! She only drives it in low gear because that's fast enough for her, for now.

The trailer would be awesome... I'm going to have to look for that next. :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#347887 Image