Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By Greasedmonkey
#344291 I remember an older bike thread, but it was mainly bmx related I think. Ive outgrown those now and have moved out to bigger and faster bikes. Any one else here ride as well?

If so post up some pictures of your rigs!

Here are my two I have left.

My Race bike ( I race mountain bikes now)

Some race day photos.

My SS Rigid bike

Ive sold two of my older bikes now, one being the chrome bike in the first race picture. All the bike were built by me execpt the new race bike, which is a mostly stock Epic.
By teal_dx
#344298 I used to ride a lot until 2012 when I goofed up my knee somehow :( I only rode on the road a few times in the last year but I'm feeling ready to get back on the trails this summer :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#344342 I have the most fun ever riding the trails. So much better than riding road ever. I like my road bike, but hate riding road...sooo boring.
By teal_dx
Greasedmonkey wrote:I have the most fun ever riding the trails. So much better than riding road ever. I like my road bike, but hate riding road...sooo boring.

Ditto that. Same goes for running/jogging, although I'd always rather be on a bike. :thumb:
By Canyon Si
#344447 This is a Santa Cruz Nickel in long travel mode. 150mm in the front and 145mm in the rear.

And when I'm done with this, it will be my main bike transporter. I have two Saris roof rack load bars. I'll use one inside the doors with a fork mount. And for the rear wheel I am going to use a SeaSucker vacuum mount.
By Greasedmonkey
#344449 I have most of a Yakima roof race I need to get rid of if you would like that. You would just need the towers and clips. You should be able to look through either of my cars build threads to see what I had. I have since changed to a different car and have extra parts.

How do you like those brake rotors? i just ordered some new ones for my SS and looked at those.
By Canyon Si
Greasedmonkey wrote:I have most of a Yakima roof race I need to get rid of if you would like that. You would just need the towers and clips. You should be able to look through either of my cars build threads to see what I had. I have since changed to a different car and have extra parts.

How do you like those brake rotors? i just ordered some new ones for my SS and looked at those.

No thanks, I have a complete Saris roof rack from a '89 HB Si, where you could put the rear load bar in the rear side windows, because those poped out for ventilation. On this car both load bars have to go in the doors, which makes the load bars to close together. So, that's why I'll use a SeaSucker for the rear wheel and one load bar for the fork mount.

These rotors give the same power as the OEM rotors with out that initial hard bite, which I don't like and they give better modulation, while being a lot lighter, cheaper and better looking.
By Chance
#344493 Would love to get into mtn biking!!! Been itching for this to happen or get back into bmx... We'll see what this year brings.
By Greasedmonkey
#344507 mountain biking is WAY more fun!
By Canyon Si
#344508 Anything with two wheels is pretty fun!
By Greasedmonkey
#344628 Thats kinda true. Some two wheels things arent so fun.
By Canyon Si
Greasedmonkey wrote:Thats kinda true. Some two wheels things arent so fun.

Shit, actually anything with wheels is pretty fun. Maybe not roller blades or skates though. I'm not that light in the loafers.