Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By teal_dx
#343080 Lets see where everyone spends their day when they're not on Civic-EG 8)

Here's my day job office:
The only pic I have of the inside is when we built a castle around someone on vacation's desk. That's my desk on the left.

Then they also have a warehouse across town which is hot/cold/filthy but I get sent over there the most cause I'm the only person who knows how to work on cars & paint. (we did a couple vehicles for automotive paint clients)
It's relaxing because there's no phone to ring and I get to listen to the music I'm in the mood for.
The 69 Scout is done, now I'm working on the 72 Plymouth.
Somedays I like being in a dirty warehouse, somedays I like being in an office.
(If I don't post on Civic-EG much, I'm probably in the warehouse - no computer!)
By rustyrex
#343091 This is my local office at my engineering firm.

By rustyrex
#343092 This is my favorite room at my firm. It's a dedicated room for printing blueprints. We use a GraphTec FC7000 Cutting Pro mainly. But we do have a HP LX800.

By rustyrex
#343093 This is my home office. This room was the main selling point when I bought my house last year. The previous owner wanted to turn it into a small home theater. He gutted it and used Roxul soundproof insulation between the studs and Quietrock drywall for the walls and ceiling. There's two layers of Serenity Mat floor underlay under the carpet. When everything was open he wired it for a McIntosh Reference theater system and 4 SVS Sound PB-13 ultra subwoofers. I almost did not get my home loan because of the outrageous value of the equipment. He said he could take it but that would mean gutting the room. I said hell no, I talked to the loan provider and showed them 15 years of tax returns and put down a extra $20,000 to get approved. It's just sad knowing the equipment in this single room costs more than my entire house, my brother's house and my sister's house combined. But its my show piece and the room is so dead of sound for me to work that my son calls it "Papas Vault"

By rustyrex
#343094 This is my audio rack.

By teal_dx
#343096 I thought the engineering office pics were cool until I saw the home office! :thumb:
And that audio equipment :o :o :o I don't know what half of that does but I know McIntosh is top of the line stuff. Looks like the kind of place I could concentrate/focus.

My upstairs home office became my daughter's room and my computer/desk got booted to the basement:

So I finished it out

It's all done now... still need to strip/clear the rest of the metal cabinets. You're looking at the Civic-EG world HQ::D
By rustyrex
#343097 Yea everytime I see the equipment I smile with amazement. Just the sound of all the tubes turning on is amazing. There a little over 400 tubes total. There's 11 preamps, 11 amps, 11 sound conditioners, 11 sound processors, 5 power conditioners, the main receiver, DVD player, blu-ray player, cable box, Xbox 1, ps3&4, my sons Wii, the security system network, a server for work in that room. I wouldn't doubt one bit there's 10-15 miles of cables for allof it. Down in the basement I had to install a bank of 60 200 amp power supplies on a dedicated sub panel. The original power supply setup was taxing the main house so bad that when I listen to music the entire house would dim just lime a sound system in a car. Thank god I work at a engineering firm. I'd hate to know what it would cost if I had to pay full price lol.
By Leppy
rustyrex wrote: [...] There a little over 400 tubes total. There's 11 preamps, 11 amps, 11 sound conditioners, 11 sound processors, 5 power conditioners, the main receiver, DVD player, blu-ray player, cable box, Xbox 1, ps3&4, my sons Wii, the security system network, a server for work in that room. [...]

FRAK! And I thought I was an audiophile...
By rustyrex
#343099 That's how McIntosh sells this system. It's designed to sound better and more realistic then any movie theater you can go to. After having it for a little over a year my wife and I can't go to a regular theater anymore. They just don't sound as good. I'm going to be ordering a new tv at the end of March. I really want that monstrous New Samsung but I can't justify $100,000 for a tv. I'll probably go with either the LG 84LM9600 84" or the Samsung un75es9000 75".
By ohDirka
#343378 Rusty how old is this system? At my work we have tons of audio systems (nothing like yours) but most of the newer ones are all fiber. Granted most everything is crestron and extron stuff which is more for classroom style things. I even have 2 theaters that we maintain systems at and your looks way more serious.
By rustyrex
#343385 All of the equipment was built between November 2012 and January 2013. Everything was installed in April 2013.
By ohDirka
rustyrex wrote:All of the equipment was built between November 2012 and January 2013. Everything was installed in April 2013.

Yeah I think our installers just went to fiber maybe at the beginning of 2013.

Your system looks way more BA than the ones I have at work. :thumb: I can only imagine how awesome it sounds.
By eg84dr
#343507 tool and die maker :hehe:
im very fortunate to have the job I do
work with some pretty nice machinery :thumb:
the mill you see in the last picture has made some pretty nice car parts on lunch break :D