Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By teal_dx
#341926 I walked into my 2nd grade classroom and saw a TV on one of those metal carts with wheels- usually the sign of a good day. The Challenger Space Shuttle Launch was being shown on live television.

It almost doesn't seem like a shock compared to the crazy shit that goes on in today's world... but in 1986, this was like the equivelant to the Colombine or Sandy Hook shooting.

I just read an article that explained how the crew was found at the bottom of the ocean by divers and how they weren't killed in the explosion, as initially thought, but were alive and well in the cabin until it hit the water. Interesting stuff if you're looking for something to read:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3078062/ns/te ... y-descent/

:( R.I.P.
By rustyrex
#341930 I was only one when it happened. It's sad that something so horrific happened on my birthday.
By rustyrex
teal_dx wrote:Happy Birthday doe :thumb: :windance:

Thanks Brian. Atleast someone said it to me today. My sons at his grandmas and I'm in the process of packing up my wife's belongings. It's time for her to be gone lol.
By teal_dx
rustyrex wrote:

Thanks Brian. Atleast someone said it to me today. My sons at his grandmas and I'm in the process of packing up my wife's belongings. It's time for her to be gone lol.

Well, shit... if you're ever out in Spencer, or I'm ever up in Mentor, a late-bday/wife-is-gone beer shall be consumed :thumb:
By JUICE
#341936 ^happy birthday man! Sorry to hear you're going thru some difficult times.

Good read. Makes the whole thing even more tragic.

Edit: ^tree'd me :lol:
By rustyrex
teal_dx wrote:
rustyrex wrote:

Well, shit... if you're ever out in Spencer, or I'm ever up in Mentor, a late-bday/wife-is-gone beer shall be consumed :thumb:

Absolutely man.