Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By teal_dx
#341635 I never tried using Windows 8 (Mac guy) but I was always intrigued and even considered getting a MS Surface.

Well looks like enough people hate Windows 8 that MS is now offering 7 again on new systems :lol:

http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/uc/welcome.html
By juls1488
teal_dx wrote:I never tried using Windows 8 (Mac guy) but I was always intrigued and even considered getting a MS Surface.

Well looks like enough people hate Windows 8 that MS is now offering 7 again on new systems :lol:

http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/uc/welcome.html

if you wanna use windows 8 on a laptop/desktop without a touch screen interface forget about it. it is the single most infuriating thing i have ever dealt with.
windows 7 is great though.
By rustyrex
#341638 Personally I really like windows 8.1 they changed q few things and release a update awhile ago. I have a windows phone, a Surface pro, a touchscreen desktop for business and a surface pro and Dell convertible laptop for pleasure.

They changed too much too fast for the average user though. Windows 8 was designed to be a touch UI. Not everyone can afford or even feels the need to drop a grand on a new laptop just to experience it. That's where they faulted. When windows 8 came out I spent alittle over $5,000 to upgrade everything. For me it was a pure business decision, there are a few things I use my old laptop for but, only because people in my office have not yet upgraded. The boss did mandate a upgrade to a windows 8 preinstalled my Feb 1st. Which is good because we get tax write off and immediate reimbursement so there's no reason for us to run older hardware.
By Mr Rattles
#341654 I recently got a new laptop with windows 8, all I have to say is the person who designed it should be shot !!!!!!!!!
By ohDirka
#341655 If windows 8 is anything like Xbox One dashboard it is a total clusterfuck to find anything.
By Mr Rattles
ohDirka wrote:If windows 8 is anything like Xbox One dashboard it is a total clusterfuck to find anything.

Hahaha x2