Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By Apexracing
#339516 It’s a shame. Ryan Dunn went out the same way. Modern day sports cars are so fragile. If this was a 60’s-70’s muscle car he might have lived.
By bks84
Apexracing wrote:It’s a shame. Ryan Dunn went out the same way. Modern day sports cars are so fragile. If this was a 60’s-70’s muscle car he might have lived.

Its not the cars fault, its the drivers fault. And you really think a 60-70's era would allow the passengers to survive a crash like this?

From what I read the car hit a pole of some sort, before hitting/coming to rest at the tree...

I highly doubt there would be any survivors in a muscle car...
By JUICE
#339518 ^pretty much. It's been proven that new cars take impact waaaay better than the old steel boats. Know why original Hemi's are worth so much? Cause most were wrapped around trees when they were new.
By Apexracing
JUICE wrote:^pretty much. It's been proven that new cars take impact waaaay better than the old steel boats. Know why original Hemi's are worth so much? Cause most were wrapped around trees when they were new.

New cars being safer in a commuter car world is apparent. But modern day sports cars like corvettes, Ferraris, Porsches, ect are not what i would consider safer cars. And of course i'm not blaming the car over the driver. But the car and automakers take some of the blame. Quit marketing 150+mph missiles without proper equipment. If its built to handle and speed like a race car then it needs to be built as safe as a race car. Thats all i'm saying.
By bks84
#339524 A car thats built as safe as a race car is not meant for the streets. The safety equipment isntalled in racecars these days are not suitable for passenger cars, regardless of how theyre marketed.

The death of Paul Walker and the driver Roger Rodas is very tragic, and sad. Both for their families and their audiences, but trying to place any shred of blame on the car manufacturers for their death is pretty stupid (for lack of a better term).

Doesnt matter the car, the manufacturer, etc, if the driver pushes the car beyond his/her limits or teh cars limits, and something goes tragically wrong, its their fault.

I guess with your logic, I should blame my car manufacturer for every speeding ticket Ive gotten.
By Apexracing
bks84 wrote:A car thats built as safe as a race car is not meant for the streets. The safety equipment isntalled in racecars these days are not suitable for passenger cars, regardless of how theyre marketed.

The death of Paul Walker and the driver Roger Rodas is very tragic, and sad. Both for their families and their audiences, but trying to place any shred of blame on the car manufacturers for their death is pretty stupid (for lack of a better term).

Doesnt matter the car, the manufacturer, etc, if the driver pushes the car beyond his/her limits or teh cars limits, and something goes tragically wrong, its their fault.

I guess with your logic, I should blame my car manufacturer for every speeding ticket Ive gotten.

Get real, it is just as irresponsible to market these cars as they do. As it is to drive them in such a reckless manner.
By bks84
#339528 So theyre supposed to dumb down the marketing/advertising of the car? you realize if they did that, car probably wouldnt sell. Youre telling me to get real... wow.

I guess every car built should perform like a Civic.
By Apexracing
bks84 wrote:So theyre supposed to dumb down the marketing/advertising of the car? you realize if they did that, car probably wouldnt sell. Youre telling me to get real... wow.

I guess every car built should perform like a Civic.

Not at all but i firmly believe that certain race car safety systems (such as fire extinguishing, limited cages) Should be included in street legal race machines. I’m not sure why you insist on being so offensive perhaps you should try to see the other side of the coin. Were talking about cars that are marketed to a particular group of the population. Not the average joe commuter. Would they pay a little more for a safer car? My bet is they would.
By bks84
#339530 It seems to me as if youre trying to take the blame off the driver and place on it the manufacturer of the car, that's why I'm being persistantly "offensive".

I'm sure the driver/owner of the car knew its a handful to handle, yet they still decided to take the car out and stretch its legs... knowing full-well anything can go wrong at a drop of a hat (in any car, not just a Carrera GT)

That decision, had little to do with who made the car or how the car was produced.

I do agree, a fire suppression should be standard in most European cars...
By Apexracing
bks84 wrote:It seems to me as if youre trying to take the blame off the driver and place on it the manufacturer of the car, that's why I'm being persistantly "offensive".

I'm sure the driver/owner of the car knew its a handful to handle, yet they still decided to take the car out and stretch its legs... knowing full-well anything can go wrong at a drop of a hat (in any car, not just a Carrera GT)

That decision, had little to do with who made the car or how the car was produced.

I do agree, a fire suppression should be standard in most European cars...

Nobody is trying to take blame off the driver. That would make as much sense as blaming a car manufacturer for drunken driver involved incedents. But the manufacturer should take into account what they build vs how they expect them to be driven. I bet if they were forced to perform crash tests at speeds above 75+ And plubish them people would think twice before driving like a jackass.
By bks84
#339532 I guess...
By JUICE
#339533 I'm gonna take a guess to say a fire suppression system in that car wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

Unless there was some manufacturer defect with the car, it's 100% blame on the driver. Pretty sure that carrera has no problem cruising 35 mph.

My tuner tells every person when they get their car back from the dyno, please please please be careful this can easily kill you. We've become friends over the years and when I was ready to leave after making 550whp in my tin can he gave me a very sincere father-son like talk. He sees it all the time, about a month ago had a guy make a shit ton of power and literally wrecked the car and died like 2 days later.

Point is, people are gonna be stupid behind the wheel of fast cars, there's only so much a manufacturer/tuner can do.
By Apexracing
JUICE wrote:I'm gonna take a guess to say a fire suppression system in that car wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

Unless there was some manufacturer defect with the car, it's 100% blame on the driver. Pretty sure that carrera has no problem cruising 35 mph.

My tuner tells every person when they get their car back from the dyno, please please please be careful this can easily kill you. We've become friends over the years and when I was ready to leave after making 550whp in my tin can he gave me a very sincere father-son like talk. He sees it all the time, about a month ago had a guy make a shit ton of power and literally wrecked the car and died like 2 days later.

Point is, people are gonna be stupid behind the wheel of fast cars, there's only so much a manufacturer/tuner can do.

Well i guess the safest thing to do would be for every one to drive a econo box. Ive often wondered what the point of selling a 200+mph street car is any ways........