Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By Virux
#338361 He actually locked it I guess.
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=27262

Generally new here.. thought I was being funny but apparently not. Are you ready to rumble, RustyRex? I challenge you to fisticuffs!

What a shame that the OP who may or may not have returned won't even be able to clarify in his own thread who's buying the car or not! lolol :lol:
By Apexracing
#338364 I agree i did not see the reason in locking that thread. To that point there was no arguing. But the thread was posted in the wrong section, as any non tech related stuff should go here in the junk yard. It is also likely that he wasn’t going to get the car of his choice which is why i’m sure he only made the one post. Maybe he will come back maybe he won’t. I won’t question my colleagues choice to lock the thread, but it was in the wrong section.
By Virux
But the thread was posted in the wrong section, as any non tech related stuff should go here in the junk yard.

Well since he was looking for reasons to get an EG Civic, I'd think the Chassis - General section would be more suitable.. I consider the Junkyard more like an off-topic area to discuss why threads are locked and what threads belong where and such. 8)
By Apexracing
Virux wrote:
But the thread was posted in the wrong section, as any non tech related stuff should go here in the junk yard.

Well since he was looking for reasons to get an EG Civic, I'd think the Chassis - General section would be more suitable.. I consider the Junkyard more like an off-topic area to discuss why threads are locked and what threads belong where and such. 8)

Those areas are for tech related stuff though. The general section is for things that all 4 chassis share. Thats why i would of put the thread here. But yea i remember my first car, i didn’t pay for it so i treated it poorly. Buying your first car yourself is the way to go. I know when i started to have to pay for things myself i treated them allot better.
By Virux
#338375 Yeah I completely agree. I see so many people mistreating their cars it makes me sick. I saved $100/month for a year to buy mine, sitting at the bus stop in the cold mountains at dawn watching every Civic, CRX and Prelude drive by on the highway. :???: Taught me some respect.
By rustyrex
#338382 Look man I'm not trying to have a pissing contest with anyone. But, do me a favor. Contribute to this forum a little more than you have and then step to me. I have been into Honda's for almost 20 years so it pisses me off when kids cry about ignorant shit. Between people asking completely simple questions, telling others how to build their cars, calling everything "rice", and people not searching for a answer that has been posted before it gets quite irritating. I went off on a rant/tangent and for that I will be the bigger man and apologize to Brian and no one else. If someone doesn't like what my opinions are too fucking bad. They are my opinions, not facts.
By Apexracing
rustyrex wrote:Look man I'm not trying to have a pissing contest with anyone. But, do me a favor. Contribute to this forum a little more than you have and then step to me. I have been into Honda's for almost 20 years so it pisses me off when kids cry about ignorant shit. Between people asking completely simple questions, telling others how to build their cars, calling everything "rice", and people not searching for a answer that has been posted before it gets quite irritating. I went off on a rant/tangent and for that I will be the bigger man and apologize to Brian and no one else. If someone doesn't like what my opinions are too fucking bad. They are my opinions, not facts.

Take a chill pill man. The op of this thread was just questioning the choice to lock that thread. Don't get your self banned just because you want to keep it going.
By Ajax1989
#338394 the reason for the locking of the thread was to stop the off topic rants that were about to happen and the fact that the op only has 1 post and it was that thread and it was months ago.
By Virux
Contribute to this forum a little more than you have and then step to me.

I hadn't stepped to you at all before. :thumbdown:

I don't need to contribute to this forum to point out the flaws in your opinions, or express my own. I don't agree with this "her money!!, her final decision!!!!!!!" business in the first place. I was trying to be nice, or I'd have brought it up right away. You'd want to lock his thread for such a ridiculous reason.. when simply: he said his mom is seeking his suggestions, he needed some of our help with them. Then you throw a tantrum about how he better not complain about whatever car she gets and he needs to buy his own car and blah, blah... blah.

You've got no reason to assume so much and want to lock his thread because of it. Kicker is you already know this, that's why you made the "good thing I'm not a mod" remark in the first place. Opinions are controversial, I would not recommend sharing them with a "if ya don't like it, don't read it!" mentality. Nobody wanted to "allow your rant", it was spontaneous and unwanted. Thanking us for allowing it after you'd posted it, lol, what kind of deal is that? Your first post was a good one, should have left it at that man.

If you think "You wanna rumble, Rusty?!" and "I challenge you to fisticuffs!" is threatening, then I don't know what to tell you.. I'm just playing off the humor of joking about a "fight" started by a joke! Amused that Aj basically told us to "take it outside" for what I assumed wasn't beef.

and yeah, forums can be irritating sometimes. It's also irritating when I Google something I need to know and the first 8 threads I find is full of posts going, "this has been answered a dozen times before!!" or archives from ~2003 with broken images and outdated information. Maybe if people started answering or linking to information I'd have cut my research time in half. The grumpiest handles it well.

Up to you where you want to take our blooming relationship from here :?
By Ajax1989
#338402 we try to keep the tech side of forum clean, you 2 have been here long enough to see that there lil to no hate/flame/bashing what ever it maybe.

locking the thread and telling you guys to take up in the junk yard keeps the tech side clean from nonsense is what needs to be done,

if op ever returns to the site and wishes to continue asking why we should convince his mom to buy a eg, then his thread will be unlocked, but if you create a thread and never come back no need for people to keep posting in it.
By Virux
#338405 Yes, I suppose you succeeded then. :|
I agree the thread lost it's technical theme.