For Sale & Want to Buy
By 406si
#92848 is this still for sale?
By suspendedHatch
#93012 Yes. I'll delete the post when it's sold. I'm not in any hurry, so if you see this a year from now, it's still for sale.
By BeautifulBlueBeast
#95776 :o Pardon my drool

I just found your page on the 3 stage swap last week because I have a VX and was looking to do the same thing. Then, by pure luck I found this posting when I did a Google search trying to find a D15Z7 engine. Grabbing yours would be 1000x better.

:hehe: I am warming up the mint as I speak.
By BeautifulBlueBeast
#95855 So what exactly is the dealeo? Is this $5k for all the mod's you have listed in your Garage, or are you keeping some?

Why don’t you shoot me an e-mail so we can break down the details.

phillipholzinger@yahoo.com :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#95875 I would sell the car as a whole, all mods intact. I want to just buy an Integra and keep it stock next time. Too many financial problems...

I pretty much decided to keep the car. Although is someone were to wave 5 grand in my face, I could hardly argue with that.
By BeautifulBlueBeast
#96020 Well I can certainly wave it in your face if necessary. I don't have any problem with your price if that's your concern. And I certainly share your financial pain.

I just need to know a little about the condition in general before I get a ticket down there. How many miles does the engine and transmission have? And with 230k+ on the body, how is the rest of the driveline?

I have a 12 hour drive home in winter so I don't need any surprises. I take is from where you live the tires can handle snow, but Tire Rack says "Ecsta SPT tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice."

Anything else I should know?
By suspendedHatch
#96084 Haha. Yeah, you understand if you've ever tried to sell a car like this... you get a bunch of PM's like "oh man I'm saving up to buy your car", "will you trade for an XBOX 360", and "once I sell my car I'll buy yours" LOL.

I have HX rims with Michelin Xice2's on there for winter driving. You wont get very far in the snow on the Kumho summer tires. Not even out of the driveway. I wasn't planning on selling the HX's with the car... but if you can't wait for warmer weather I guess we'll have to work something out.

The engine and transmission are low mileage JDM imports estimated to be between 30k and 50k miles. The condition of the engine suggests it's at the low end of that scale (closer to 30k). The tranny being from a 92-95 I would say is probably closer to 50k. I put on a new clutch and flywheel a year ago (when I did the swap). The axles are about 2 years old. I carried them over from my old hatch before I put it back to stock and sold it.

After the swap, I drove the car from Albuquerque to San Diego. Then to Salt Lake City and back. Then back again to Salt Lake City. Then to Albuquerque and back. Then to Vegas and back. That's probably close to 5000 miles of long distance driving. I've been driving it to and from work since then. I would bet my life that you could drive back and forth across the US 5 times w/out anything other than fluid and filter changes.

Cosmetically everything looks like it should on a 1992 car. I will take some very big pictures of it so that there are no surprises.
By suspendedHatch
#96257 I'm counting on my tax return to save my family since my landlord is getting foreclosed on and most likely wont return our deposit. I guess that's pretty typical of the times.

The gassavers thread is a pretty thorough documentation of everything I've done to this car.

One of the things I have forgotten to mention is that I replaced the windshield right after I bought the car. I like looking out perfectly clear glass with no pock marks or cracks. It's worth the $200 IMO.

What's weird is that I think I'll be relieved if you DON'T buy it...
By BeautifulBlueBeast
#96308 Man that’s rough. My brother got his hours cut so he moved in with us, which helps us out too. He works at an architecture firm and they all expect things to get worse.

The gassaver thread is great. It’s like an owners manual to your masterpiece. Your objectives were exactly the same as mine are. So I can definitely understand your attachment to it. I think it is amazing, and I’m sure you like it even more than I do.

I am going to take this weekend to think it over. I have no concerns about the car anymore. My wife is unusually supportive about it, I just need to make sure that's going to last. :lol:
By suspendedHatch
#96383 Well it's good to know that you appreciate the direction I took with this project. Hopefully that means you'll carry on with it in a similar direction. The thought of some dumb ricer taking it over would just make me sick. In fact, I'd probably turn you away.

Speaking of owners manuals, if you end up buying the car, remind me to give you the VX manual, along with the AEM's original box, the stereo manual, and the alarm manual.

I'm going to wash the car Sunday and take some big pics.
By BeautifulBlueBeast
#96428 No risk of that. I was very pleased to hear you added resonators. I can't stand the noise those kids make. In all likelihood I will continue along the exact same path as you would.
By suspendedHatch
#96472 Yeah, the exhaust sounds great. But it's still too loud for my taste. I thought it would be nearly as quiet as stock. I'm a bit disappointed, but I could never bring myself to replace it for something that would hurt performance. Hence the reason why I just want to get a stock DC Integra and keep it all stock. Also more leg room. I'm 6' 1".

I spent quite a bit. The Kteller kit was around $250, each of the two resonators cost me $65, and the muffler was $100. That's with my work discount. My coworker did all the work for me.

Same thing with the suspension. Handles great, so I could never bring myself to downgrade it. But my wife complains about it and I'm beginning to agree with her!

I'm getting old!

Hear that? It's too loud and too stiff! Have I talked you out of it?

It snowed so I took some pics this morning. Car needs a wash.

LSD + Michelin Xice2's = good times