For Sale & Want to Buy
By stockd16z6guy
#160000 Fully-loaded top-of-the-line Civic EG Coupe. Has the bulletproof D16Z6 SOHC VTEC engine which revs to 7200 rpm and makes 125 hp. Has a smooth, short-ratio 5-speed transmission. The EG Coupe with its independent rear suspension handles so well it is compared to the 1st generation Miata.

This car is bone stock other than the speakers and CD player. It runs great but looks not-so-great. It has hail damage and the typical quarter panel rust. It could use a tune-up to bring it up to 40 mpg from 30 mpg, but is okay as a daily driver as it is. For the 50k miles I've owned it, all work has been done by professional mechanics; I have receipts.

$2000 OBO stockd16z6guy@gmail.com Columbus, Ohio

* 1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe

* Black exterior, tan cloth interior, sunroof, power windows, power doorlocks, adjustable power steering, cruise control

* Engine: 170k miles, sounds great, revs smooth and linearly. Always changed oil with 5W30 Mobil 1 full synthetic every 7,500 miles (recommended interval.) Burns less than a quart of oil between changes. Very little valve chatter audible when it is cold outside. New radiator @ 110k, water pump and timing belt @ 130k, distributor less than a month ago.

* Suspension: New outer tie rods, power steering rack + inner tie rods, upper control arms, 4-wheel alignment@ 160k. The car has four new tires with over 90% tread left. Front driver's-side is quite bouncy and shock will need replaced eventually. Brake are due in about 10k.

* Transmission: New Advance Autoparts OEM clutch @ 140k, transmission fluid flushed with GM Synchromesh @ 165k. Transmission feels great, there are no crunchy gears or synchros that feel like are failing. No excessive gear whine. Clutch does not slip, pedal travels fully and engages smoothly. In gear, shifter has about one inch of horizontal play at the top due to a worn shift linkage pin.

* Body: Clear title. Has extensive hail damage. The cracked front windshield will need replaced. The car has hail damage on hood, roof, trunk, and driver's fender. The passenger fender and passenger door are in good condition.

The instrument panel gauges sometimes do not light until the car warms up, probably just a loose wire. The A/C blows cold and the heat hot. The sunroof is off track and will not close flush or open more than 3". The rear passenger tail light has a small chip in it. The front passenger turn signal has the front face of the casing broken but it works great.

The driver's headlight wires connecting to the bulb were taped on the spot and will need redone properly. Because of this, (only) when the headlights are on: the driver's headlight is not fully bright, the driver's turn signal blinks too quickly, the cruise control doesnt work and the wipers return to rest position slowly. The mount for the driver's head light is broken, so there is tape instead. The front driver's turn signal is misaligned but otherwise perfect.

There is typical Honda quarter-panel rust on the left and rear sides and door sills. The passenger rear quarter panel is scraped (see pictures.) The rear bumper cover is cracked on the right side. The trunk key lock is slightly misaligned but works smoothly and reliably. The car does not have a muffler.

The interior is decently clean and was not smoked in. There is a wear mark on the left bolster of the driver's seat. The metal tab on the dashboard ash tray is gone so the ashtray pulls out freely. The plastic cup holders were broken off, although I still have them if you would to try repairing them.

I replaced the passenger window but it is not perfectly on track so the window needs to be helped going up. The small plastic tab which connects the passenger door lock switch to the door's locking mechanism is broken -- gluing it did not hold. The passenger door panel is taped on and not screwed in because of these two problems.

The driver's door was hit while open and the driver's fender was damaged. The door hinges were replaced and the door is not misaligned and does not sag. The driver's door window works well. I have a pair of good condition, red (need paint), tinted doors without interiors which I will sell for $100.

The car has a JVC KD-SX990 receiver with remote, Sony GT1325A and Polk Audio db 525 speakers. Everything sounds great but the receiver likes to eat CD's and not give them back for a few weeks, so suggest the AUX input.

By Classiccarsrule85
#160022 not to be an ass or anything but that is not worth anywhere near what your trying to get for it ........itd cost at least 500 diy alot more haveing someone else put it right....

also please dotn just join this site to sell your car or stuff.....we are a community of people who help each other and this site isnt for those who just want to take advantage of our culture and love for the eg chasis.....

and you cant pull a car like that over on us as well we know what to look for and everything exspecially the price is turning me away....

sorry to sound like an ass but seriously you have 1 post and this is it....
By Sentry
#160078 What a chunk of shit.

I'll give you $200 if you deliver.
By i8umup
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:not to be an ass or anything but that is not worth anywhere near what your trying to get for it ........itd cost at least 500 diy alot more haveing someone else put it right....

also please dotn just join this site to sell your car or stuff.....we are a community of people who help each other and this site isnt for those who just want to take advantage of our culture and love for the eg chasis.....

and you cant pull a car like that over on us as well we know what to look for and everything exspecially the price is turning me away....

sorry to sound like an ass but seriously you have 1 post and this is it....

:woot: preach it brother preach it..... :D
By Dippin_EG
#160088 MAYBE worth $1000 at MOST around here. those quarter panels are shot, need a fender AND a door? torn interior? $1000 OBO
By project ej2
#160094 ill offer you 250.00 and we can meet half way down my street..does it run though..shit id use that beast as a daily driver.. well kinda..LOL.. but serious about the cash bro.. let me know.. :thumb:
By stockd16z6guy
Dippin_EG wrote:MAYBE worth $1000 at MOST around here. those quarter panels are shot, need a fender AND a door? torn interior? $1000 OBO

Parts are cheap, but I'm not going to waste my time fixing a Civic.

Protip: On Craigslist, forums, and other places with free traffic expect to get absurd lowballs. You will never have someone meet your asking price. Start high, you can always edit or repost to a lower price.
Last edited by stockd16z6guy on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By stockd16z6guy
project ej2 wrote:ill offer you 250.00 and we can meet half way down my street..does it run though..shit id use that beast as a daily driver.. well kinda..LOL.. but serious about the cash bro.. let me know.. :thumb:
I go through a lot of toys and this has been my favorite cage. When my next car gets stolen for being moderately flashyI might get a mint EG.